Do you ever wonder how people are making these beautiful pink smoothie bowls?
This bright pink bowl is made from pitaya or what is often referred to as dragon fruit. There are two types of pitaya that I see most commonly used. The first one has a white inside with black seeds where the other is bright pink with black seeds.
You can find this fruit at your local grocery store. The brand I bought and used is called, Pitaya Plus which is sold in frozen cubes.
I love making smoothie bowls because you can be so creative. There are just so many toppings you can add. For my bowl I used kiwi, coconut, blackberries, and my homemade granola.
Although, I love to use fresh fruits I find that they spoil very quickly. So I have found freezing my fruit not only saves me from wasting them but also makes my smoothies thicker when I bend them into my bowls.
Delicious Pitaya Smoothie Bowl made simple in 10 minutes or less.
- 2 frozen bananas (chopped) – 1 cup of frozen pitaya – ½ cup of plant milk (I use almond)
- Fresh fruit – Granola – Coconut flakes – Chia seeds (optional)
- In your high powered blender add your pitaya, bananas and plant milk. Blend until smooth. If you see that it is to thick add a little more milk until it is your desired constantly. 2. Divide into serving bowls and garnish with your choice of smoothie toppings.
- Adding a scoop of protein powder will not only increase your protein but add an extra flavor to your bowl.
- The more frozen fruit you add the thicker your bowl will be.
- If you don’t have plant milk coconut water is also a great substitution.