Looking for a healthy breakfast or snack? This Acai Bowl is not only delicious but can be made in 5 minutes. For this Acai Bowl I topped it with fresh fruit, granola and shaved coconut but can be substituted for any kind of toppings.
The very first time I tried an Acai Bowl was in Hawaii. I am originally from there and would spend my summers there every year. My sister would send me photos of her beautiful Acai Bowls while I was in the mainland and I knew I had to try it when I got there. I finally went to the local smoothie shop when I got to Hawaii and got to try this beautiful Acai Bowl they kept telling me about. I can honestly say, it was everything I thought it would be. The bowl was naturally sweet, packed with berry flavor, and looked like a work of art. What else could you ask for in a smoothie bowl! Every since then I have been obsessed with any type of smoothie bowls.
These dark purple berries are considered to be one of the healthiest fruits. Acai berries are full of antioxidants, omegas and is low on sugar and carbs.The fruit is native to Brazil and still grows along the Amazon today.
You might ask, well where can you get these acai berries from? I like to buy acai berries in a smoothie packet or in powder form. For this smoothie I used the premade frozen smoothie packet from Trader Joes and added frozen bananas to add to the creaminess that I like in a smoothie bowl. However, you do not need to add the bananas you can just use the acai packets and it taste as wonderful.
There are a lot of grocery stores that have started to carry acai smoothie packets but if you cannot find them you can ordered it online. My go to online store to order it from is Whole foods Market. They carry multiple types of acai products.
To make this Acai Bowl you add the frozen bananas, acai smoothie packet, and plant milk together in a blender. Blend until smooth. If you see that your smoothie is to thick add a little more milk until it is your desired constantly. Divide into serving bowls and garnish with your choice of smoothie toppings. For my smoothie bowl I used golden berries, blueberries, granola and shaved coconut.
If you make this recipe I would love if you would snap a photo of your food and share it with me on instagram @itsallgoodvegan.com. I can’t wait to see how you like it!
Looking for a healthy breakfast or snack? This Acai Bowl is not only delicious but can be blended up in 5 minutes
- 1 frozen bananas (chopped)
- 1 packet Acai Smoothie Packet
- 1 cup of plant milk (I use almond)
- Fresh fruit
- Coconut flakes
- Chia seeds
- Flax Seeds
- Hemp Seeds
- In your high powered blender add your Acai smoothie packet, bananas and plant milk. Blend until smooth. If you see that it is to thick add a little more milk until it is your desired constantly.
- Divide into serving bowls and garnish with your choice of smoothie toppings.
- Adding a scoop of protein powder will not only increase your protein but add an extra flavor to your bowl.
- The more frozen fruit you add the thicker your bowl will be.
- If you don’t have plant milk coconut water, juice or water is also a great substitution.