Looking for a tasty summer salad? This Summer Salad with Spiralized Zucchini is simple, easy and can be made as a side or a main dish. It is gluten free, soy free and vegan.
With summer finally here in North Carolina I am so excited to find so many bright and beautiful vegetables available at my local grocery store. So when I saw a beautiful green summer zucchini squash I knew I had to get it and make something with it. I love eating zucchini squash anytime but especially in the summer. I love to cook it all different ways but I most commonly eat it raw, fried, and roasted.
For this salad I decided not to cook the zucchini but leave it raw. I used one of my favorite kitchen tools, the veggie spiral cutter. If you have ever used a veggie spiral cutter you will find that it is simple to use and makes the most beautiful veggie noodles. All you do is twist the zucchini in the spiralizer clockwise and zucchini comes out in long and beautiful zucchini ribbons. You can find veggie spiral noodle cutters at most large stores but I ordered my veggie spiral cutter on Amazon for a great price of $9.99.
For this salad I made a quick and easy vinaigrette dressing. To make this dressing I used olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt, pepper, dried basil, oregano, thyme, garlic powder and mix together. Not only does it take delicious but can be made in 5 minutes! However, if you are not a big fan of vinaigrette dressings any type will taste as wonderful drizzled on top of this summer salad.
If you make this recipe I would love if you would snap a photo of your food and share it with me on instagram @itsallgoodvegan.com. I can’t wait to see how you like it.
Summer Salad with Spiralized Zucchini
Looking for a tasty summer salad? This salad is simple, easy and can be made as a side salad or a main dish. It is gluten free, soy free and vegan.
- 2 zucchinis, spiral cut
- ⅓ cup radishes, chopped
- 1 cup snow peas
- 4 cup spring lettuce mix
- ½ cup red onion, chopped
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 cup chickpeas
- 1 lemon, sliced (optional)
- 1 Tbsp hemp seeds (optional)
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ Tbsp red wine vinegar
- ⅛ tsp dried oregano
- ⅛ tsp dried thyme
- ⅛ tsp dried basil
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- In a large bowl or plate add lettuce, spiralized zucchini, raddish, avocado, sugar peas, red onion, and chickpeas together.
- Sprinkle hemp seeds, and squeeze lemon on top of the salad (optional).
- In a separate bowl combine olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt, pepper, dried basil, dried oregano, dried thyme, garlic powder and whisk together.
- Drizzle the dressing on the salad, toss, and serve! Eat immediately.
- Don’t have chickpeas? Use any type of beans as a substitute.
- If you do not have a noodle spiralizer use sliced zucchini. It taste as delicious as the zucchini cut into noodles.
- Making this salad for more than 3 people? Double the recipe.