These Fiesta Tacos are healthy, flavorful and colorful. They are filled with seasoned taco tofu and topped with fresh and crunchy veggies. They are super simple to make and only include wholesome ingredients.
Tacos are perfect when you are looking for something healthy and quick to make. I love preparing these tacos ahead of time and putting all of the prepared taco ingredients out on my counter for my family to make their own personalized tacos. Not only is it fun to make your own tacos but everyone in the family is happy with the
ir own taco toppings.
For the protein in this recipe I made seasoned taco tofu. To make this taco tofu I first pressed the tofu making sure I got as much water out of the tofu as possible. By doing this you are getting all of the extra water out making a more firm tofu.
To press your tofu wrap your tofu in paper towels or a clean kitchen towel and place it on a plate. Using something heavy, place that item on top of the tofu weighing it down. I like using items that I have in my kitchen like ceramic bowls or plates to weigh my tofu down. I press my tofu for about an hour before cooking it. You will most likely have to check on it after 30 minutes and change the kitchen towel or paper towel since it will be filled with tofu water. After you have pressed your tofu cut the tofu into bite sized cubes.
Heat a pan on medium heat and add 1 tsp of cooking oil. Transfer your cubed tofu and add garlic powder, cumin powder, chili powder, cayenne pepper, salt and stir. Cook the cubed tofu for 3-5 minutes. Scoop the seasoned tofu onto your tortilla and top with your favorite veggies. Some of my favorites include, tomatoes, lettuce, onions, cabbage and mashed avocado. Pair these tacos with salsa, guacamole, and chips and you will have a fun fiesta night!
If you make this recipe I would love if you would snap a photo of your food and share it with me on instagram @itsallgoodvegan.com. I can’t wait to see how you like it.
These Tofu Veggie Tacos are colorful, crunchy, and flavorful. They are super simple to make and only include wholesome ingredients.
- 1 container of extra firm tofu
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 10 tortillas
- 1 cup purple cabbage, chopped
- ½ cup red onion, chopped
- ½ cup bell peppers, chopped
- ½ cup spinach
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 avocado, mashed
- 1 lime, sliced
- Press your tofu for 1 hour releasing all of the extra water.
- Cut the pressed tofu into bite-sized cubes.
- Heat a pan on medium heat and add 1 tsp of cooking oil.
- Transfer your cubed tofu and add garlic powder, cumin powder, chili powder, cayenne pepper, salt and stir.
- Cook the cubed tofu for 3-5 minutes.
- Assemble your tacos. Scoop the seasoned tofu onto your corn or flour tortillas and top with your favorite veggies, salsa, and mashed avocado.
- Leftovers will last in the refrigerator for 2-3 days covered.
- Gluten free? Use corn tortillas instead of flour
- Use any of your favorite chopped veggies to top your Fiesta Tacos.
- Skip the tortilla and make it a taco salad!