Banana Pudding Parfait is the perfect, breakfast, snack or dessert. Not only will the banana chia seed pudding keep you feeling full but is high in fiber, protein, and vitamins. This parfait is layered with creamy banana chia seed pudding, crunchy vanilla wafers, fluffy coconut cream and fresh cut bananas.
Did anyone else loved eating banana pudding when you were younger? I made this recipe as a healthy vegan spin on my childhood favorite dessert, banana pudding. Instead of making the traditional banana pudding dessert filled with custard, cookies, and banana I substituted them with similar but healthier ingredients.
The first layer of this parfait consist of cream banana chia seed pudding. If you have ever made Chia Seed Pudding before you might have noticed that it takes just the perfect amount of chia seeds to milk ratio to get your chia seed constancy so it’s not too thick or runny. I have found the best overnight chia seed recipe ratio is about 4 Tbsp of chia seeds to 1 cup of dairy free milk. I then would add a mashed ripe banana to the Chia Seed Pudding. Not only does it thicken the pudding but gives it a natural sweetness and creaminess without adding any additional sweetener.
These seeds get this glention texture by soaking them in liquid for a long period of time. For this chia seed pudding I recommend soaking the chia seeds for at least 6 hours in your refrigerator. I like to make my chia seed pudding before I go to bed and let it thicken overnight. Before adding the mashed banana just make sure to stir the pudding to avoid the chia seeds from clumping on the bottom.
There are a couple of milk options that I recommend you use for this chia seed pudding. I use either coconut, almond, cashew, or oat milk from the carton. There is also coconut milk from the can that you can buy for this chia seed pudding but would not recommend it for this Chia Seed Pudding.
If you make this recipe I would love if you would snap a photo of your food and share it with me on instagram @itsallgoodvegan.com. I can’t wait to see how you like it!
Banana Pudding Parfait
Banana Pudding Parfait is the perfect, breakfast, snack or dessert. Not only will the banana chia seed pudding keep you feeling full but is high in fiber, protein, and vitamins.
- 1 can of chilled full fat coconut milk
- 1 banana, peeled and sliced into bite sized pieces
- vegan vanilla wafer cookies
- 1 cup overnight Banana Chia Seed Pudding
Overnight Banana Chia Seed Pudding
- 1 cup of coconut milk. I prefer coconut milk or almond milk from the carton.
- 4 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 medium bananas, smashed
- In a mixing bowl add the coconut milk, chia seeds, mashed banana, and whisk ingredients together.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours.
- Take chia pudding out and mix to avoid chia seeds clumping.
- Pour the chilled coconut milk in a medium bowl and whisk until it becomes fluffy like whipped cream.
- Layer the chia seed pudding with vanilla wafers, whipped coconut cream, and top with sliced bananas.
- Serve and eat immediately.
- Make parfaits ahead of time and grab on the go. Just save the banana topping until right before you eat it to avoid browning.
- Add a scoop of protein powder to your pudding. Not only will it increase your protein but add an extra flavor to your pudding.
- Don’t have vanilla wafers? Vanilla cookies or graham crackers taste great also.