This savory Roasted Sweet Potato Lentil Salad is super easy to make and will keep you feeling full until your next meal. Eat this salad warm or cold and pair it with your favorite salad dressing for the perfect appetizer, side dish, or main dish. This salad is gluten free, soy free, and vegan.
I am a huge fan of salads but the only thing that I worry about is if the salad will hold me until I eat my next meal. Well, I can tell you from taste testing this salad that it will definitely hold you. It is made with lentils, pumpkin seeds, green onions, sweet potatoes, purple onions, garlic, lettuce spring mix, and topped with creamy lemon garlic tahini dressing.
To roast your sweet potatoes preheat your oven to 425 degrees fahrenheit (218 C). If your oven runs extra hot set oven at 400 degrees fahrenheit (204 C). In a medium bowl toss your cubed sweet potatoes with avocado oil, paprika, chili powder, and garlic powder. You can substitute the oil for water if you are trying to cut back on your oil consumption. Using a large sheet pan evenly spread out your sweet potatoes and place in the oven for 20 minutes. After the 20 minutes take out and flip and add the purple onions, garlic, and place back in the oven for an additional 20 minutes for a total of 40 minutes of roasting. If you are like me and hate doing the dishes, line your pan with foil for an easy clean up.
For this salad I made a quick and easy creamy lemon garlic tahini dressing. To make this dressing I combined tahini, water, lemon juice, garlic powder, pepper and salt together and whisked. Not only does this dressing taste delicious but can be made in 5 minutes! If you find your dressing is to thick and creamy simple add 2 tablespoons of water and whisk to thin the dressing out. Of course, if you are not a big fan of tahini dressings substitute any type of salad dressing to add on top of this Roasted Sweet Potato Lentil Salad.
This salad is packed with plant based proteins but if you are looking for even more it tastes awesome with tempeh, tofu, and setian. You can either bake these plant based proteins or pan fry it.
This Roasted Sweet Potato Lentil Salad is:
Quick & Easy
If you make this recipe I would love if you would snap a photo of your food and share it with me on instagram @itsallgoodvegan.com. I can’t wait to see how you like it.
- Don’t have sunflower seeds? Use sliced almonds or pecans as a substitute.
- Not a fan of tahini dressing? Use your favorite dressing to top off your salad
- Making this salad for more than 3 people? Double the recipe.
Roasted Sweet Potato Lentil Salad
This savory Roasted Sweet Potato Lentil Salad is super easy to make and will keep you feeling full until your next meal. Eat this salad warm or cold and pair it with your favorite salad dressing for the perfect appetizer, side dish, or main dish.
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, washed and cut into ½ inch cubes
- 1 medium purple onion, medium cuts
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- 4 cups spring lettuce mix
- 4 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 1 cup lentils, cooked following the package directions (I used green lentils).
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1 tsp avocado oil or water
Lemon Garlic Tahini Salad Dressing
- ¼ cup tahini
- ¼ cup filtered water
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- ½ Tbsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 Tbsp, optional for thinning out your dressing.
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees fahrenheit (218 C). If your oven runs extra hot preheat at 400 degrees fahrenheit (204 C).
- In a medium or large bowl combine the cubed sweet potatoes, oil, paprika, chili powder, garlic powder, and mix.
- Spread the seasoned sweet potatoes evenly on a large sheet pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- Take potatoes out and flip. Add purple onions, and garlic to the pan. Bake for an additional 20 minutes.
- Let sweet potatoes, purple onions, and garlic cool for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl add lettuce spring mix, lentils, sweet potatoes, purple onions, garlic, and pumpkin seeds. Top with Lemon Garlic Tahini Dressing, eat, and enjoy!