Calling all French Toast Lovers! You must try this Sweet Potato Marshmallow Stuffed French Toast. This French Toast is thick, fluffy, and bursting with fluff. Flavored with Suncore Foods Purple Sweet Potato Supercolor Powder, drizzled with maple syrup, and topped with fresh figs and blueberries. This french toast not only is tasty but will brighten up your day!
This Sweet Potato French Toast is super quick and easy to whip up. To make this stuffed french toast you want to make sure to use thick slices of bread. For my french toast, I sliced my bread into 2-3 inch slices. You want to slice the bread thick so you can make slits in the bread to stuff your Marshmallow Fluff.
If you are not able to find a loaf of bread that hasn’t already been sliced, no worries. Instead of stuffing your french toast you can add a layer of vegan marshmallow fluff on top of your french toast and then add another slice on top of that as if it is stuffed in between the toasts.
Stuffing your french toast with marshmallow fluff is very easy. With your thick slices of bread you are going to use a small knife to make a slit or cut in the middle of your bread making a pocket. Then using the marshmallow fluff you are going to fill or “stuff” the pocket of bread.
Beware of adding too much marshmallow fluff to the pocket of your bread causing the fluff spill out. Once I see the marshmallow fluff on the outside of the bread I stop filling it. You will notice if you stuff your french toast while it is very warm the marshmallow fluff will thin slightly.
For the French Toast mixture you are going to combine the purple sweet potato superpowder, vanilla, ground flax seed, and dairy- free milk in a large shallow bowl and whisk. Place mixture in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes allowing it to thicken before dunking your bread.
I topped my Sweet Potato Marshmallow Stuffed French Toast with blueberries, figs, marshmallow fluff, and maple syrup.
If you make this Sweet Potato Marshmallow Stuffed French Toast I would love if you would snap a photo of your food and share it with me on instagram @itsallgoodvegan.com. I can’t wait to see how you like it!
This Sweet Potato Marshmallow Stuffed French Toast is:
Quick & Easy
Bursting with Marshmallow Flavor
Sweet Potato Marshmallow Stuffed French Toast
This Sweet Potato French Toast is thick, fluffy, and stuffed with marshmallow fluff. Flavored with Purple Sweet Potato Supercolor, drizzled with maple syrup, and topped with fresh figs and blueberries. This french toast not only is tasty but will brighten up your day!
Sweet Potato Marshmallow Stuffed French Toast
- ½ loaf of bread cut into thick slices, 2-3 inches
- 1 Tbsp oil, I used canola spray
- 1 tsp agave or maple syrup
- 1 cup dairy- free milk, I used almond
- 1 Tbsp ground flax seed
- 1 Tbsp Suncore Foods Purple Sweet Potato Supercolor Powder
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup maple syrup, to drizzle on top.
- ¼ cup blueberries (optional)
- ¼ cup figs (optional)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- liquid from one 15 ounce can of unsalted chickpeas 1/4 cup
- Cut your bread into 3 inch slices.
- Using a small knife make a slit in the middle of your bread making a pocket.
- In a shallow bowl combine the purple sweet potato supercolor, vanilla, agave syrup, ground flax seed, and dairy- free milk and whisk. Set mixture in the refrigerator to thicken for 10-15 minutes.
- Add the liquid from the chickpeas in a large bowl. Using an electric mixer whip the liquid until it becomes thick and fluffy, about one minute.
- Slowly, add the white sugar and vanilla. Whip for an additional 8-10 minutes until it becomes thick and fluffy. Place back in the refrigerator.
- Spray a large pan with oil and heat on medium heat.
- Dunk your stuffed French Toast in the purple sweet potato mixture and fry slices until crispy, then flip and cook the other side.
- Top with marshmallow fluff, figs, blueberries, and drizzle maple syrup. You will notice if your french toast is warm it will thin the marshmallow fluff slightly.
- Eat immediately. Leftovers become soggy kept in the refrigerator.
- Find it difficult to stuff your French Toast? Make your own piping bag to stuff your french toast. Fill a zip lock bag halfway with marshmallow fluff and push the fluff to one corner. Make a small cut in the corner of the zip lock bag and you have a homemade piping bag!
- When picking which bowl to use for your French Toast mixture make sure to use a big shallow bowl making it easier to dunk your bread.
- Not able to find a loaf of bread that hasn’t already been sliced? Instead of stuffing your french toast you can add a thick layer of vegan marshmallow fluff on top of your french toast and then add another slice on top of that as if it is stuffed in between the toasts.