These Everything Soft Pretzel Bites are one of my favorite go-to snacks this season. Little soft and chewy pillows of savory dough. Easy to prepare, and super comforting. Topped with tasty everything bagel seasoning and served with a creamy vegan cream cheese.
This past weekend, my partner and I were planning our ultimate movie night (that of course includes lots of snacks). I thought I should definitely make one of my favorite childhood snacks and pair it with the ultimate spice, everything bagel seasoning. This is how I had the idea to make these soft and delicious Everything Pretzel Bites.
After you have made your pretzel dough you are going to roll the dough about ½ inch thick. I like to roll it out on parchment paper so I don’t have to worry about the dough sticking to my counter. You can add a sprinkle of flour if you notice that the dough it a little too sticky.
To make sure that each pretzel bite is around the same size I found using a pizza cutter works best when cutting them. Of course, some of the corners will be a bit smaller but you can just combine two of them to make one that is similar size to the rest of the bites.
You can separate the dough into smaller pieces and roll your dough into small coils and then cut it into smaller 1 inch bite sized pieces. However, even with my art teacher background I still wasn’t happy with how my coils turned out and found using the pizza cutter worked the best.
Using a large baking sheet evenly place each pretzel on the pan. You will want to make sure each piece is not touching and that they are evenly spread out. Spreading them out will allow each bite to bake evenly.
Before adding seasoning on top of the pretzels I brushed each piece with melted coconut oil. By doing this your pretzels will turn a beautiful golden brown color. For these Soft Pretzel Bites I used everything bagel seasoning to sprinkle on top. I purchased my everything bagel seasoning at Trader Joes but you can also buy it online on Amazon. If you are not able to get everything bagel seasoning course sea salt tastes just as wonderful.
Bake Everything Soft Pretzel Bites for 12 minutes at 450 degrees F (232 C) or until golden brown. I paired my soft pretzels with vegan cream cheese but spicy mustard and cheese are also some of my favorites.
This snack also makes an amazing appetizer for your next holiday gathering. You can dress it up by placing the bites on a cutting board adding greenery around it like pine or cedar. Not only is it super easy but automatically gives you that holiday feel.
These Everything Soft Pretzel Bites are:
Quick & Easy
If you make these Everything Soft Pretzel Bites I would love if you would snap a photo of your food and share it with me on instagram @itsallgoodvegan.com. I can’t wait to see how you like them!
Everything Soft Pretzel Bites
These Everything Soft Pretzel Bites are one of my favorite go-to snacks this season. Quick and easy to prepare, and super comforting. Topped with tasty everything bagel seasoning and served with a creamy vegan cream cheese.
Everything Soft Pretzel Bites
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ Tbsp active dry yeast
- ¾ cup filtered warm water
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp oil, I used avocado
- 6 cups of water, for boiling water NOT the dough
- ¼ cup baking soda, for boiling water NOT the dough
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil, pretzel wash
- Everything Bagel Seasoning, for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (232 C). Line a large baking pan with parchment paper and set aside. If you don’t have parchment paper spray pan with cooking spray.
- Combine the active dry yeast and ¾ cup of filtered warm water in a bowl. The yeast and water should foam. Allow it to sit for 3-5 minutes and then add sugar and stir.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, salt, yeast mixture, and oil. Using a mixer with a dough hook run on medium speed for 5 minutes until the dough pulls away from the bowl. If you do not have a mixer knead dough for 6-7 minutes.
- Oil a large glass bowl and place dough ball in the bowl. Cover with a kitchen cloth and allow dough to rise (almost doubling in size) for about 35-45 minutes.
- Lay parchment paper on the counter and roll dough out until (about ½ inch thick). Using a pizza cutter cut your dough into 1 inch pieces.
- In a medium pot boil the 6 cups of water. Once it is boiling add the baking soda. Slowly add 8-10 pieces of dough in the water for 30 seconds.
- Remove with slotted spoon and evenly place bites on a large baking pan.
- Brush each pretzel bite with coconut oil and sprinkle with Everything Bagel Seasoning.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown. Eat immediately.
- Don’t have a stand mixer? No worries, just knead the dough for 6-7 minutes until you have created a ball of dough.
- I highly recommend brushing your pretzels with coconut oil before adding your seasoning on top of the pretzel bites. This is get your pretzels this beautiful golden brown color.
- If you are not able to get everything bagel seasoning course sea salt tastes just as wonderful.