Have you tried these Yogurt Granola Tarts? The crust is crispy yet crumbly and perfect for breakfast, midday snack, or a healthy dessert. Filled with coconut yogurt and topped off with fresh oranges, cranberries, and cranberry sauce.
This Yogurt Granola Fruit Tart is my healthy alternative to my normal desert. Instead of making a buttery crust this tart crust is crispy and crumbly and made with coconut oil and old fashioned oats. To make this a healthier version I decided to swap out the traditional tart custard filling and use an unsweetened non-dairy coconut yogurt and sweetened it with fresh fruit.
TIPS WHEN MAKING THE GRANOLA CRUST
- I used about ¼ of a cup of crust to each of my tart. It will depend on how small or large your pans are for the amount of crust you will add. Just use your best judgement for the amount. Just make sure to leave room for the yogurt filling.
- To make sure the granola crust is packed tightly, I used a bottom of a small glass to press the mixture to the tart pans, packing it. You can also use a rubber spatula or your hands to form the mixture.
- After you have baked the tarts immediately place them in the refrigerator to cool and harden.
- When removing the tarts from the crust be very careful. Although, it is in tart form the granola crust can still crumble easily.
I filled these Yogurt Granola Tarts with dairy-free yogurt and topped them off with oranges, cranberry sauce, and fresh cranberries. However, any type of fresh fruit or nuts will taste wonderful with these tarts.
MY GO-TO DAIRY-FREE YOGURTS
I admit, I am super picky when it comes to dairy-free yogurts. I don’t like when they have tons of additives or extra sweeteners in them. I always go for yogurts that are not flavored and flavor them with fresh fruit. Below are my top three yogurts that I recommend using and use the most.
So Delicious Unsweetened Coconut Yogurt
Silk Unsweetened Almondmilk Yogurt
Forager Project Unsweetened Plain Cashewgurt Yogurt
These Yogurt Granola Tarts are:
Quick and easy
Baked to perfection
Vegan and gluten free
If you make this recipe I would love it if you would snap a photo of your food and share it with me on instagram @itsallgoodvegan.com. I can’t wait to see how you like it!
Yogurt Granola Tart
Don't miss out on this delicious Granola Yogurt Tart. The crust is crispy yet crumbly and perfect for any gathering. Filled with dairy-free yogurt and topped off with fresh fruit.
- 2 cup old fashioned oats
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ⅔ cup almonds
- ⅔ cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup + 1 tsp maple or agave syrup
- 2 cup dairy free yogurt
- 1 cup fresh fruit, for the toppings
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit (176.6 C).
- Add oats, almonds, shredded coconut, coconut oil and agave syrup together in a high powered blender and blend until it gets that flaky crust like texture. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Spray your mini tart pans so that the crust does not stick to the pans while they are baking.
- Add your tart crust to your mini pans. I used about ¼ of a cup of crust to each of my tart. It will depend on how small or large your pans are for the amount of crust you will add to your tart pans. Make sure to leave room for the filling.
- Using your hands or a rubber spatula press down the crust mixture forming the shape of your tart.
- Bake tarts for 10 minutes in the oven.
- Take out the tarts out of the oven and place tarts in the refrigerator to cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Carefully take the tarts out and fill with yogurt, top with fresh fruit, and serve.
- Leftovers will last for one day in the fridge. Any longer the crust will get very soggy with the yogurt in it.
- Add additional toppings to your mini tarts. Some of my favorites include shredded coconut, chia seeds, strawberries and raspberries
- Not a fan of yogurt? Add dairy-free whipped cream as the filling.
- Making these tarts for a party? Double the recipe.