Who could eat some VANILLA ORANGE CREPES this weekend? These crepes are the ultimate weekend brunch recipe. Crispy on the edges and soft and light on the inside. Bursting with delicious vanilla and orange flavors.
Topped with fresh oranges, pomegranates jewels, maple syrup, and powdered sugar. This simple recipe is dairy- free and only requires 7 ingredients. It makes about 6 large crepes and can be whipped up in 30 minutes or less.
TIPS WHEN MAKING YOUR CREPES
- I like to personally use fresh squeezed orange juice to add to my batter. But if all you have is orange juice from the carton that will also work.
- If you notice that your batter is not thin enough after whisking, add additional dairy-free milk until you get the thin constantly you like. You want to make sure your batter is not thick like pancake batter.
- Before adding the batter to your pan. Make sure to either spray your pan with oil or use melted butter. This will ensure that the crepe does not get stuck to your pan.
- Flipping your crepe can be tricky but fun. You might need to practice a couple times but once you get the hang of flipping it becomes super simple.
Add some creaminess to your crepes by stuffing them with whipped coconut cream or dairy-free yogurt. Some of my favorite types of dairy-free yogurt include cashewgurt and coconut yogurt.
I topped these crepes with fresh oranges, pomegranate seeds, maple syrup, and powdered sugar. But there are so many other great toppings you can add to your crepes. Below are some of my other favorites…
- Shredded coconut
- Quinoa puffs
- Agave syrup
- Chia seeds
- Fruit preservatives
These Vanilla Orange Crepes are:
Quick and easy
If you make these Vanilla Orange Crepes I would love it if you would snap a photo of your food and share it with me on instagram @itsallgoodvegan.com. I can’t wait to see how you like it!
Vanilla Orange Crepes
Crispy on the edges and soft and light on the inside. Bursting with vanilla and orange flavors and topped with fresh oranges, pomegranates jewels, and drizzled maple syrup. This simple recipe is dairy- free and only requires 7 ingredients.
- 1 cup flour, I used whole wheat flour
- 1 ½ cup dairy-free milk
- ⅓ cup orange juice, I used fresh squeezed
- 2 Tbsp cane sugar
- 2 Tbsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp cooking oil, I used canola oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp butter, to brush the pan (optional) substitute for spray oil
- In a large bowl combine the flour, dairy-free milk, orange juice, sugar, vanilla, oil, salt, and whisk together until a thin batter is formed.
- Heat a medium sized non stick pan on medium heat. Using a small amount of butter (or oil), brush the pan making an even layer.
- Using a large ladle scoop (about 1/3 cup) pour the batter to the hot pan. Lift up the battered pan and slowly tilt the pan allowing the batter to create a thin layer on the surface.
- Cook crepe on each side for 2-3 minutes until golden brown.
- Top with maple syrup, pomegranate jewels, fresh oranges, and powdered sugar.
- If drizzled with maple syrup I recommend you eat them immediately.
- I topped my crepes with pomegranate seeds, and oranges. Though, any type of fresh fruit would be delicious on top.
- Another thing I love to add to these crepes are dairy-free yogurt or whipped coconut cream. I usually stuff them with it. It just adds another layer of creaminess.
- I recommend eating these crepes immediately. They taste wonderful warm and reheating them with the maple syrup will make them soggy.