Treat yourself to these gluten free and vegan Fudgy Coconut Cookie Bites. Layered with Sweet Loren’s Fudgy Brownies, shredded coconut, and topped with chocolate and almonds. These cookie bites are so delicious, and are my cookie version of an Almond Joy Bar!
I decided to use Sweet Loren’s Fudgy Brownies to make these Fudgy Coconut Cookie Bites not only because they are absolutely delicious but because they are vegan and gluten free! I find it super hard to find baking products to be both gluten free and vegan. So when I heard about Sweet Loren’s premade cookie dough I knew I had to try them…and let me just say they lived up to my expectations!
TIPS WHEN MAKING THESE COOKIE BITES
- Before baking these gluten free Fudgy Brownies, I let them sit out on the kitchen counter to defrost for 20 minutes prior to placing them in the 12-cup muffin tins.
- You will need something to flatten each layer down. I used the bottom of a glass cup. If you do not have one, use the bottom of a metal spoon.
- Can’t find unsweetened shredded coconut? Use unsweetened coconut flakes instead. Just place the fakes in a food processor and pulse until they become fine shredded coconut.
- Is your coconut mixture not moist enough after combining ingredients? Add an additional tablespoon of agave or maple syrup.
- If your Fudgy Brownies have risen too much, use the bottom of a cup or large spoon to slightly flatten it to make an even layer.
You will want to place the Fudgy Coconut Cookie Bites in the refrigerator for at least an hour. This will allow the chocolate layer to completely harden. But prior to that, make sure to add the almonds on top of the chocolate. If you do not have almonds you can simply not add any or substitute them with any of your favorite nuts like pecans or walnuts.
Removing these cookie bites out of the muffin tins is super easy. You will use a knife to pop the cookie bites out. It is very important to make sure to push the knife all the way down to the bottom of the fudgy brownie cookie layer before removing. I have found if you do not, you will separate the brownie layer from the coconut layer.
If you make these Fudgy Coconut Cookie Bites, I would love it if you would snap a photo and share it with me on instagram @itsallgoodvegan.com. I can’t wait to see how you like them!
These Fudgy Coconut Cookie Bites are:
Satisfy’s your sweet tooth
Fudgy Coconut Cookie Bites
Treat yourself to these gluten free and vegan Fudgy Coconut Cookie Bites. Layered with Sweet Loren’s Fudgy Brownies, sweetened coconut, and topped with chocolate and almonds.
- 12 pieces of Sweet Loren’s Fudgy Brownie cookie dough
- 1 ½ cup vegan chocolate pieces
- 2 ¼ cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup agave or maple syrup
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 12 whole almonds, for the top of the cookie bites (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with non-stick spray.
- Place the fudgy brownie cookie dough flat down in each one of the muffin tins, for a total of 12 cookies. Using the bottom of a cup or large spoon flatten the cookie dough. Bake fudgy brownies for 9 minutes.
- In a medium bowl combine the shredded coconut, vanilla, syrup, salt, melted coconut oil and mix.
- Remove cookies out of the oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Add 1 ½ tablespoon of coconut mixture on top of the fudgy brownie cookies. Repeat steps until all 12 cookies have been covered with coconut. Using the bottom of a cup or a large spoon, press the mixture down creating a compressed even layer of coconut.
- Make the chocolate layer—Combine the chocolate and 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 30 second intervals stirring between each one until the chocolate has melted.
- Place 1 tablespoon of melted chocolate on top of the coconut mixture. Repeat steps until 12 cookie bites have been covered. To make sure the chocolate has evenly spread on top of the coconut mixture gently tap your muffin tin on the counter.
- Set 1 almond on top of the chocolate layer.
- Let the Fudgy Coconut Cookie Bites harden in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Use a butter knife to pop cookie bites out. Make sure to push the knife all the way to the bottom of the cookie layer before removing. If you do not pop it out from the bottom layer your cookie and coconut layer can separate.
Make it Your Own
- If you are not vegan substitute chocolate for milk chocolate.
- Cant find unsweetened shredded coconut? Use unsweetened coconut flakes instead. Just place the fakes in a food processor and pulse until they become fine shredded coconut.
- Store these cookies in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 2 days.