Who else loves a dinner made in 30 minutes or less? If so, make this deliciously Creamy Pad Thai Noodles. Fully loaded with cabbage, onions, carrots, peppers, and flavor! Whip up this recipe ahead of time and eat it for leftovers.
When I think of Thai food I think Pad Thai noodles.
While growing up in Hawaii I ate at a lot of asian restaurants with my Dad. One of them being, Thai restaurants. I always loved how Thai food always had bold flavors, spice, and plant based options.
This Creamy Pad Thai noodle dish is made with four main ingredients, peanut sauce, vegetables, and rice noodles. I put a spin on the traditional Pad Thai Noodle recipe by making the sauce extra creamy by adding peanut butter to the sauce.
HOW TO MAKE DELICIOUS PAD THAI NOODLES
- I used carrots, purple cabbage, white onions, peppers and garlic. You can substitute out or add any of these veggies to make your Pad Thai Noodles.
- I cut my peppers julienne or what I like to call matchstick cuts. Matchstick cuts are thin, even strips of vegetables.
- Chop your cabbage and onions very finely so that they will cook all the way when stir frying them.
- For the peanut sauce I used a generous amount of soy sauce. If you don’t want it to be as salty add less. Or if you are gluten free coconut aminos.
- I used linguine rice noodles and cooked them according to the back of the package directions. I recommend using a type of rice noodles or similar.
You will notice that the noodles will soak the sauce right up. I LOVE to add a lot of sauce to my noodles. So, if you are like me I would recommend only pouring half of the sauce with the noodles instead of all of it. Then save the additional sauce to drizzle on top of the Pad Thai Noodles right before you eat them.
Want to add Garnishes? Some of my favorites include:
Chopped Green Onions
Crushed Red Peppers
This Creamy Pad Thai recipe can be made gluten-free by substituting the soy sauce for coconut amino and making sure the rice noodles are certified gluten-free.
When you make these Creamy Pad Thai Noodles I would love if you would snap a photo of your food and share it with me on instagram @itsallgoodvegan.com. I can’t wait to see how you like it!
These Pad Thai Noodles are:
Quick & Easy
Creamy Pad Thai Noodles
Quick and easy Creamy Pad Thai Noodles packed with delicious savory flavors.
- 3 Tbsp peanut butter
- 1/2 juiced lime
- 3 Tbsp of soy sauce or coconut amino (gluten-free)
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp sriracha
- ¼ tsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp neutral oil, I used canola
- 1 cup of green or red peppers, julienne/matchsticks cuts
- 2 medium carrots, shredded or julienne/matchstick cuts
- ½ white onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 cup of purple cabbage, chopped finley
- 8 ounces of linguine rice noodles, cooked according to the back of the package.
- Chopped peanuts
- Crushed Red Pepper
- Green onion
- In a mixing bowl combine soy sauce, peanut butter, sriracha, maple syrup, rice wine vinegar,and lime juice. Whisk until smooth and creamy.
- Heat a large pan or wok over medium heat. Add 1 Tbsp of oil. Once hot, add the onion and garlic. Saute for 3 minutes.
- Add the peppers, cabbage, and carrots. Saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Combine the cooked rice noodles and peanut sauce to the pan with the vegetables and mix well.
- Take the pan off the heat and divide it into bowls. Garnish with crushed peanuts, crushed red peppers, and green onions.
- Leftovers will last 3 days in the fridge. Garnish your noodles after you reheat them, not before.
Make it Your Own
- You will notice that the noodles will soak up the sauce immediately. If you like your dish to be extra saucy, double the Creamy Pad Thai peanut sauce. Or only mix half of the sauce in the pan. Save the other half to drizzle on top of your noodles before eating.
- For a spicier noodle dish add an extra teaspoon of sriracha to the peanut sauce.
- Substitute or add any of the vegetables to the stir fry.