Easy 1- Pot Creamy Lasagna Soup. Such a comforting soup you can make time and time again. Made with delicious noodles, tomatoes, lentils, and italian seasoning. This soup is vegan and can be made gluten-free with switching out the noodles.
North Carolina has its second snowfall of the year which makes me automatically want to make cozy soup. I have made this soup multiple times but decided to change it up slightly this time around. For this recipe I decided to add some dairy-free milk which add creaminess. I also added red lentils to add some extra plant protein. Both items can be left out however, I highly recommend that you add them to your soup.
For the vegetables in the soup I used onions, tomatoes, and spinach (optional). I decided to add the fresh spinach toward the end of making the soup because I felt it needed some extra vegetables.
Like what I did, you can get really creative when making this soup by adding any type of veggies you want. Others veggies that I would recommend include carrots, kale or mushrooms. The only thing you will want to do is make sure you add the veggies to the soup at the right time so they don’t over or under cook. For example, if you add kale you would want to add it to the soup at the end like when I added the fresh spinach.
I wanted to share some of the recipe ingredients that you can swap out in case you do not have the ones I listed in your pantry.
Red Lentils – Green Lentils
Lasagna Noodles- Small Pasta
Fresh Spinach- Fresh Kale
Tomato Paste- Tomato Sauce
Garlic Cloves- Garlic Powder
Tasty Garnishes to Add to Your Soup :
- Fresh Basil
- Fresh Parsley
- Crushed Red Pepper
- Dried Herbs
- Nutritional Yeast
- Vegan Cheese
When you make this soup I would love it if you would snap a photo of your food and share it with me on instagram @itsallgoodvegan.com. I can’t wait to see how you like it!
This Creamy Lasagna Soup is:
Can be made gluten-free
1-Pot Creamy Lasagna Soup
Such a comforting soup you can make time and time again. Made with delicious noodles, tomatoes, lentils, and italian seasoning.
- 2 tsp neutral oil, I used olive oil
- 7 to 8 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
- ⅓ cup uncooked red lentils
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 ½ Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup of dairy-free milk, I used oat milk
- ½ small lemon, seeded and juiced
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- Heat a large pot with oil on medium heat. Once hot, add the chopped onion and cook for 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Add the vegetable broth, lentils, canned tomatoes, tomato paste, salt, pepper, and italian seasoning. Stir and bring soup to a boil.
- Once the soup is boiling break the lasagna noodles into bite sized pieces and add to the soup. Cook for 7-8 minutes or until the noodles are completely cooked.
- Add the lemon juice, plant milk, nutritional yeast, spinach, and stir. Remove the pot from the heat.
- Taste soup and add additional seasoning (salt, pepper, or italian seasoning) if needed.
- Divide into soup bowls and serve.
- Leftovers can be kept in the refrigerator in an airtight container for 3 days.
Make it Your Own
- Substitute Italian seasoning with 2 tsp of each dried thyme, dried oregano, dried rosemary, and dried basil.
- Like a little extra spice? Sprinkle some crushed red pepper to the top of your soup.
- Garnishes that I recommend for this soup include, cheese, fresh basil, or nutritional yeast.