Calling all tofu lovers, you must try this Creamy Tahini Tofu! This recipe is creamy, comforting and savory. Made with only 8 ingredients you have yourself a simple and easy recipe. Pair this tofu with the veggies and grains you have for a simple and healthy lunch or dinner.
For this recipe I used extra firm tofu. When shopping for my tofu I always like to get the firm or extra firm just because I am not a fan of soft tofu, but if you like soft tofu you can use that as well. The first thing you want to do before baking your tofu is press your tofu for at least 20-30 minutes.
You might be thinking, why should I press my tofu before baking? I like to refer to tofu as a sponge since it absorbs the liquids in which it is submerged in. When you buy your tofu it is already in water so in order to get your tofu crispy as crispy as possible you need to remove as much of the liquid in it as possible.
TIPS WHEN MAKING YOUR TOFU
- Take the tofu out of the package and drain excess water. Rise the tofu and pat dry using a paper towel.
- Place the tofu on 2 paper towels or a clean kitchen towel and put it on a large plate.
- Add 2-3 heavy ceramic bowls on top of the tofu. The weight of the bowls will not squish or break the tofu but will simply just push the majority of the water out of the tofu. Let the tofu release the excess water for 20-30 minutes.
- Cut tofu into bite size cubes. If you like extra crispy tofu, cut them a little smaller.
- Spray a pan with oil and spread the tofu cubes evenly. This will ensure that they will bake evenly.
- Bake tofu at 400 degrees fahrenheit for 20 minutes. Take the pan out, flip it and bake it for 20 additional minutes for a total of 40 minutes. If you like your tofu softer, bake for 15 minutes, flip and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
While the tofu is baking combine all the rest of the ingredients in a bowl and whisk together. Immediately after baking I place the baked tofu in a large bowl and pour the delicious and creamy tahini sauce on top of the tofu and mix. You want to make sure each tofu piece is covered.
If you don’t want to toss your tofu in the sauce add the tofu to your bowl and drizzle with the creamy sauce instead. You will notice as the tofu cools the sauce will thicken up. Garnish with sesame seeds, and green onions. Serve with your favorite grains and veggies.
What to pair your Creamy Tahini Tofu with:
The list can honestly go on and on. You can get so creative when it comes to what you eat with your tofu. Or you can do what I like to do and use up what produce and grains that you have in your refrigerator or pantry.
This Creamy Tahini Tofu is:
Quick & Easy
When you make this Creamy Tahini Tofu I would love it if you would snap a photo of your food and share it with me on instagram @itsallgoodvegan.com. I can’t wait to see how you like it!
Creamy Tahini Tofu
Calling all tofu lovers! You must try this Creamy Tahini Tofu. This recipe is creamy, comforting and savory. Made with only 8 ingredients you have yourself a simple and easy recipe.
- 2 packages of extra firm tofu, pressed with the water removed. I used 14 ounce packages.
- ¼ cup tahini
- 1 Tbsp sriracha
- 2 tsp soy sauce or coconut amino (GF)
- 1 tsp agave or maple syrup
- 1 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2-3 Tbsp water
- 1 tsp neutral oil, I used spray oil (this is for the pan).
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit (204 C).
- Spray a large pan with oil to help prevent sticking. You might need to use two pans since you are using two packages of tofu.
- Cut the pressed tofu into bite size cubes and evenly place on the prepared pan.
- Bake tofu for 20 minutes. Take out, flip, and bake again for an additional 20 minutes.
- In a medium bowl combine the additional ingredients together and whisk.
- Take the baked tofu out and add it to the bowl and mix.
- Pair the tofu with your favorite grain and veggies. Eat and enjoy!
- Leftovers will last wrapped up in the refrigerator for 2 days.
Make it Your Own
- Do you normally not like a lot of sauce? Instead of tossing your tofu in the creamy tahini sauce drizzle the sauce on top of your baked tofu.
- If you have an air fryer skip the baking and air fry your tofu for 20 minutes.
- Not a fan of spicy foods? Instead of using 1 Tbsp if sriracha, just use 1 tsp.