Looking for the perfect cozy recipe this weekend? Make these Vegan Lasagna Roll Ups. Stuffed with a dairy-free vegan ricotta filling and topped with marinara sauce, vegan mozzarella cheese, and fresh basil. Not only are these roll ups fun to make but will be your new favorite dish to make this winter.
Make these Vegan Lasagna Roll ups gluten free by using gluten free pasta noodles. For this batch I used Barilla lasagna noodles. Most of their noodles are vegan, which I love. I also used jarred marinara pasta sauce. However, homemade pasta sauce tastes wonderful as well. I would just recommend making the pasta sauce earlier in the day, otherwise it will add about 35 minutes to your cooking time.
Have you ever made your own vegan ricotta cheese? Its super easy and can be made in approximately five minutes. The first thing you are going to do is combine tofu, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, dried basil, dried thyme, dried oregano, garlic powder, crushed red pepper, salt, pepper and fresh spinach together in a high powered blender or food processor. Pulse the mixture until it has become smooth and creamy. Not only is this ricotta super tasty but is vegan and gluten free!
TIPS WHEN ROLLING YOUR LASAGNA NOODLES
- Don’t over stuff your noodles with the vegan ricotta cheese. It will make it more difficult when trying to roll it.
- Keep you roll ups facing seam-side down until you are ready to transfer them to the baking pan. This will insure they stick together better.
- Lay your rolled noodles on parchment paper or a glass plate to avoid sticking.
- If your rolls up are unraveling add a tiny bit of the paste on the seam so it sticks better.
Rolling your lasagna noodles is super fun. I have found adding parchment paper down on a flat surface and lay out my noodles work great and keeps the noodles from sticking. Using a 2-3 Tbsp of the vegan ricotta cheese spread it in the middle of the noodles.
You want to make sure not to add too much filling when rolling your noodles. By filling the noodles with too much vegan ricotta cheese will cause it to spill out of the sides. After rolling your noodles set them down with the seam-side facing the counter until you are ready to place them in the baking pan.
You will want to arrange them in the pan all at once ensuring they stay up vertically. I like to place the seams of the pasta against one another so they don’t unravel. If you rather lay them down horizontally lay them in the baking pan with the seam-facing down.
These Vegan Lasagna Roll Ups are:
Easy to Assemble
Can be made gluten free
If you make these Vegan Lasagna Roll Ups I would love if you would snap a photo of your food and share it with me on instagram @itsallgoodvegan.com. I can’t wait to see how you like it!
Vegan Lasagna Roll Ups
Looking for the perfect cozy recipe this weekend? Make these Vegan Lasagna Roll Ups. Stuffed with a dairy-free vegan ricotta filling and topped with manerana sauce, vegan mozzarella cheese, and fresh basil.
Ricotta Stuffed Shells
- 1 package of wavy lasagna noodles 1 lb, I used about 16 noodles.
- 14 ounce container firm or extra firm tofu, drained and patted dry
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ⅓ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder, substitute for chopped garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper
- 2 cups (packed) fresh spinach
- 3 cups marinara sauce, I used it from a jar
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, cut finely (optional)
- 1 cup vegan mozzarella cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (176.6 C).
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package or until they are al dente. Run noodles under cool water. Lay cooked noodles on a clean surface and set aside.
- In a food processor or high powered blender combine the tofu, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, dried basil, dried thyme, dried oregano, garlic powder, crushed red pepper, salt, pepper and fresh spinach together. Pulse the tofu mixture until it has become smooth and creamy like ricotta cheese.
- Lay cooked noodles on a clean surface and place 2-3 Tbsp of the tofu mixture in the middle spreading it evenly. Roll up each noodles and place the seam-side down.
- Transfer ½ cup of marinara sauce in the bottom of your baking pan.
- Arrange the lasagna noodles facing up vertically with the filling showing. Ladle the remaining manera sauce over the top of the noodles and sprinkle with vegan mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Top with fresh basil and enjoy!
Make it Your Own
- Love spinach? Use 3 cups of fresh spinach instead of 2 cups.
- Having trouble keeping your roll ups from standing up vertically? Lay them down horizontally instead.
- Skip using marinara sauce from a jar and making your own. Try my Fall Harvest Sauce. I would just recommend making it ahead of time.
- If you are adding vegan mozzarella cheese to the top of your shells add it before baking so the cheese melts.