Summer Spring Rolls
These Summer Spring Rolls are healthy, refreshing, and easy to make. They can be the perfect appetizer, side, or eaten as a light dinner. These delicious spring rolls can also be made in 30 minutes or less.
Although, these are called Summer Spring Rolls they are great to eat all year round. I like to describe them as a fancier version of a salad wrap. With this recipe I used a multiple different vegetables that I had in my fridge along with baked tofu that I cut into strips. I then wrapped them in the traditional rice paper and dipped them in this tasty spicy peanut sauce.
Before learning how to make these Summer Spring Rolls I thought that they would be so hard to make. But when I finally started to make them I found out that they are actually super easy to make. For me the hardest part wasn’t actually wrapping the veggies and tofu in the rice papers but to make sure not to chip or crack the rice papers when I got them out of the package that I bought them in!
For these Summer Spring Rolls I used cucumbers, carrots, purple cabbage, green onion, cilantro, tofu, and avocado. However, any type of raw veggies or herbs that you have in your refrigerator will work just as well. Some other great fillings that taste great are lettuce, zucchini, rice noodles, fruits, basil, and tempeh.
When you get your rice papers they are dried and hard. So before you start making your Summer Rolls you want to soak the rice papers in water for a couple minutes so they become soft so you are able to wrap them. I like to use a medium size bowl filled about half way and put the rice papers in the water individually so they do not stick together.
I then lay the wetted rice paper flat on a plate and put my Summer Spring Roll filling in the middle horizontally. You want to make sure that the veggies are not laid in the direction that they will pierce the rice paper wrap. However, if they do your summer roll will taste as wonderful just a little difficult to eat.
You are then going to fold the top and bottom of the rice paper toward the middle of the vegetables and then the right and left of the rice paper tucking everything into a roll. The rice paper will automatically stick everything together making this process easy.
I like to cut the Summer Spring Rolls in half so you can see all of the beautiful vegetables and dunk them in spicy peanut sauce. If you make this recipe I would love if you would snap a photo of your food and share it with me on instagram @itsallgoodvegan.com. I can’t wait to see how you like it.
Summer Spring Rolls
These Summer Spring Rolls are healthy, refreshing, and easy to make. They can be the perfect appetizer, side, or eaten as a light dinner.
- 10 rice paper wrappers
- 2 carrots, peeled and julienned
- 1 cucumber, peeled and julienned
- 1 cup purple cabbage, chopped into 3 inch slices
- ⅓ cup fresh cilantro
- 2 stalks green onion, chopped
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 package of tofu chopped into 3 inch slices and baked
- 1 lime, sliced (optional)
Spicy Peanut Sauce
- 3 Tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tsp agave syrup
- 1 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 1 tsp sriracha
- 1 tsp lime juice
- Combine all of the spicy peanut sauce ingredients in a food processor or high powered blender and blend until smooth. Pour into a small serving dish and set aside. 2. In a medium bowl of water soak the rice papers in a bowl of water for a couple minutes so they become soft. Place the wraps in the water individually so they do not stick together.
- Lay the wet rice paper flat on a dry plate and lay the 2 pieces of tofu, carrots, cucumber, cabbage, and sliced avocado in the middle horizontally. Sprinkle sliced green onion and cilantro ontoo. Beware that the rice paper rips easily so you want to be very cautious that you lay the veggies in a direction that they will not pierce the rice paper wrap.
- Fold the top and bottom of the rice paper toward the middle of the vegetables and then the right and left of the rice paper tucking everything into a roll. The rice paper will automatically stick everything together making this process easy.
- Cut the Summer Spring Rolls in half so you can see all of the beautiful vegetables. Dunk them in spicy peanut sauce and eat immediately!
- Substitute any ingredient for vegetables that you have. Some great fillings that also taste great are lettuce, zucchini, rice noodles, fruits, basil, and tempeh.
- If you have a peanut allergy skip the peanut sauce and dunk you Summer Spring rolls in soy sauce or hoisin sauce.
- The first time I made these rolls were at a party. Cut up all of the lovely fillings and place them in the middle of the table. Fill a couple bowls of water and let you guest make their own Summer Spring Rolls. It’s fun and delicious!