Pad Thai Noodles
When I think of Thai food I think Pad Thai noodles.
While growing up in Hawaii I ate at a lot of asian restaurants with my Dad. One of them being Thai restaurants. I always loved how Thai food always had bold flavors, spice and plant based option.
This Pad Thai noodle dish is made with with four main ingredients, peanut sauce, vegetables, rice noodles and crumbled tofu.
This crumbled tofu not only adds great flavor and texture to the dish but is simple to make. To make the tofu put the tofu in a medium bowl and pat it with a paper towel to get the excess water out of it. You will find that tofu holds a lot of water. With your hands or a large spoon to crumble the tofu into small pieces. Then add tumeric, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and soy sauce and mix.
For the stir fried vegetables I used carrots, purple cabbage, white onion, peppers and garlic. You can sub out or add any of these veggies to make your own noodles.
I cut my peppers julienne or what I like to call matchstick cuts. Matchstick cuts are thin, even strips of vegetables.
This dish is garnished with crushed peanuts, cilantro and green onion.
This Pad Thai recipe can also be made gluten free by substituting the soy sauce for coconut amino acids and making sure the rice noodles are certified gluten free.
Pad Thai Noodles
Quick and easy Pad Thai Noodles packed with savory flavors.
- 2 ½ Tbsp peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp of lime juice
- 4 Tbsp of soy sauce or coconut amino acids
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp sriracha
- 1 cup of extra firm tofu
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of pepper
- 1 Tbsp of garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp of soy sauce or coconut amino acids
- 1 Tbsp oil ( I prefer avocado oil)
- 2 cups of peppers, julienne/matchsticks cuts
- 2 carrots, shredded or julienne/matchstick cuts
- ½ white onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 14 ounces pad thai rice noodles
- Chopped peanuts
- Green onion
- Place your tofu in a medium bowl. Dab the tofu with a paper towel to get rid of any excess liquid.
- Using your hands or a large spoon crumble the tofu. Add salt, pepper, turmeric, garlic powder and soy sauce and mix. Put aside, we will use this later.
- In a mixing bowl combine soy sauce, peanut butter, rice vinegar, sriracha, maple syrup and lime. Mix together with a whisk until smooth.
- Boil water in a large pot. Cook rice noodles according to the package directions and set aside. Recommended to cook al dente.
- Heat large pan over medium heat. When hot add oil, peppers, carrots, onion and garlic. Stir fry for 4 minutes. 6.dd the rice noodles and peanut sauce to the pan with the vegetables and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Place the tofu in the pan and mix together. Cook for 3 minutes.
- To serve place in serving bowls and garnish with crush peanuts, cilantro and green onions.
- Leftovers will last 3 days in the fridge. Garnish your noodles after you reheat them, not before.
Make it Your Own
- Substitute or add any of the vegetables to the stir fry.
- For a spicier noodle dish add an extra tablespoon of sriracha to the peanut sauce.
- Do you like your dish to be more saucy? Double the Pad Thai peanut sauce.