Looking for a cozy recipe this weekend? Make these Vegan Meatballs! Loaded with veggies, protein, and flavor. Such a simple and easy recipe that you can make time and time again. Pair this dish with pasta or zucchini noodles for a complete lunch or dinner.
ARE YOU GLUTEN FREE?
Make this meal gluten free by substituting the breadcrumbs for gluten-free breadcrumbs. If you are pairing the meatballs with pasta make it gluten-free or substitute it for spiralized noodles.
TIPS FOR DELICIOUS MEATBALLS
- After cooking your onions and mushrooms don’t drain the extra liquid. Add everything from your pan to the food processor.
- If you notice that your meatball dough is dry add an additional teaspoon of oil. I like to use either avocado or olive oil.
- To make your meatballs the same size use a cookie scoop when scooping your dough. Then using your hands, pack and shape the dough forming it into firm balls.
- Spray your baking pan with oil or line it with parchment paper to prevent the meatballs from sticking.
When baking your Vegan Meatballs you will want to place them on a baking pan about 2 inches apart. By placing them out evenly you will ensure that they all will be cooked evenly. Bake Vegan Meatballs for 20 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit (176.6 C).
After baking your meatballs you will want to let them cool for 5-10 minutes. Using a baking dish or cast iron pan add about 1-2 cups of pasta sauce to the bottom of the pan. Add the Vegan Meatballs on top of the sauce and gently roll them around to cover them in sauce.
Top your meatballs with your favorite garnishes. Some of my favorites include, mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, nutritional yeast, crushed red peppers and Italian herbs either dried or fresh.
These Vegan Meatballs are:
Easy to make
Bursting with flavor
Can be made ahead of time
When you make the Vegan Meatballs I would love for you to snap a photo of your food and share it with me on instagram @itsallgoodvegan.com. I can’t wait to hear from you!
Looking for a cozy recipe this weekend? Make these Vegan Meatballs! Loaded with veggies, protein, and flavor. Such a simple and easy recipe that you can make time and time again.
- 2 cups lentils, cooked according to the back of the package
- ¾ cup breadcrumbs
- 2 cups of mushrooms, chopped (8 oz package)
- ½ cup white onion, chopped ( about half of an onion)
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder, substitute for chopped garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 2 tsp oil, I used avocado oil [recipe-ingredients title="Garnish"]
- 1 – 2 cups of marinara sauce, I used store bought sauce.
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped finely
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- ¼ cup vegan mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (176.6 C). Spray baking pan with cooking oil or line it with parchment paper and set it aside.
- Heat a skillet to medium heat and add the mushrooms, onions and oil. Cook for 5-6 minutes or until ingredients become soft. Do not drain the extra liquid from the skillet. You will transfer all of it to the food processor.
- In a food processor or high powered blender combine the cooked lentils, mushrooms, onions, breadcrumbs, nutritional yeast, basil, thyme, oregano, garlic salt, and pepper. Pulse ingredients until it becomes a dough-like texture.
- Using a cookie scoop or medium spoon scoop the vegan meatball mixture. Using your hands pack it into firm balls. Avoid rolling the meatballs on the counter, it will dry it out.
- Evenly place the Vegan Meatballs on the baking pan. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Transfer 1 -2 cups of marinara sauce to the bottom of your baking pan. Arrange the Vegan Meatballs in the pan with the sauce. Using a spoon slowly move the meatballs in the sauce covering them.
- Sprinkle Vegan Meatballs with mozzarella cheese, crushed red pepper, and chopped parsley. Pair with pasta, eat, and enjoy!
- Love fresh herbs? Top your meatballs with fresh basil, oregano, thyme, or parsley.
- Do you like your Vegan Meatballs with a lot of melted cheese on top? After placing your meatballs in sauce sprinkle ½ cup to 1 cups of mozzarella cheese on top. Turn your oven on broil and bake for 2-3 minutes or until the cheese melts. Just make sure to watch it carefully, turning it on broil can burn easily.
- I paired these meatballs with store bought marinara pasta sauce to make a quick and easy dinner.