Simple and easy 20 minute Avocado Pesto Pasta. Made with fresh basil, creamy avocado, and garlic. Such a comfort meal you can make again and again.
When I say that this recipe is simple and easy I am not exaggerating. To make this Avocado Pesto sauce you literally combine all ingredients in a high powered blender or food processor and pulse ingredients until it has become smooth and creamy. Then toss the sauce with your pasta, and you have just whipped up your lunch or dinner. Easy right?
TIPS WHEN MAKING YOUR AVOCADO PESTO
- This recipe calls for a large avocado when making this sauce. If you cannot find a large avocado two small avocados will also work.
- Always use fresh basil. Wash and remove the stems before adding them to the blender or food processor.
- If you do not have nutritional yeast, no worries. It adds a kick of flavor but is not necessary when making this sauce.
- I had to pulse my Avocado Pesto sauce for about 3 minutes to make sure my basil leafs were completely blended. It will depend on your blender or food processor but just blend or pulse until it is smooth and creamy.
- Since there is avocado in this sauce it starts to brown after 6 hours or so unless wrapped up really well. I have found allowing the plastic to touch the sauce when you wrap it up will slow the browning process down.
Are you gluten-free? Substitute the pasta to make the entire dish gluten-free. For this dish I used fettuccine pasta but any type of pasta you have in your pantry will work. Some of my most common pastas I used are penne, gnocchi, and farfalle. I recommend that you toss your pasta in this creamy sauce then drizzle additional sauce on top of the pasta before eating.
I topped my Avocado Pesto Pasta with hemp seeds, crushed red peppers, and black pepper. But dried herbs or fresh herbs will also pair well on top of this pasta.
When you make this Avocado Pesto Pasta I would love for you to snap a photo of your food and share it with me on instagram @itsallgoodvegan.com. I can’t wait to hear from you!
This Avocado Pesto Pasta is:
Simple & easy
Avocado Pesto Pasta
20 minute Avocado Pesto Pasta. Made with fresh basil, creamy avocado, and garlic. Such a comfort meal you can make again and again.
Avocado Pesto Pasta
- 12 ounces of pasta, cooked according to the back of the package.
- 1 large avocado, pitted and the insides scooped out.
- 1 cup of fresh basil
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 1 small lemon, seeded and juiced
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1/4 cup filtered water
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Cook pasta according to package, drain, and set aside.
- In a high powered blender or food processor combine the avocado, fresh basil, walnuts, lemon juice, olive oil, water, nutritional yeast, garlic, salt, and pepper. Pulse ingredients until it becomes a creamy sauce.
- Toss cooked pasta with the Avocado Pesto Sauce and eat immediately.
Make it Your Own
- Since the sauce has avocado added in it, the sauce may brown if kept in the refrigerator for a long period of time.
- Garnish your pasta with crushed red peppers, hemp seeds, or dried basil.
- Want to add veggies to your pasta? Add roasted tomatoes, spinach, mushrooms, or cooked zucchini.