Get festive with these Carrot Cake Pancakes! Thick and fluffy pancakes filled with grated carrots, walnuts, and cinnamon. Then topped with a whipped vanilla cream cheese and drizzled with maple syrup. Your weekend never looked more like breakfast heaven!
TIPS TO MAKE FLUFFY & SOFT PANCAKES
- Make sure to combine the milk and apple cider vinegar in a small bowl first. You will want to give it time to form the buttermilk mixture.
- Always mix your dry and wet ingredients separately before mixing them together. This will prevent the baking soda and powder from activating right away. You will fold the shredded carrots and walnuts in the batter at the end.
- When you do wisk the wet and dry together you don’t want to over mix the batter. Whisk for about 1 minutes or until most clumps are whipped out. It is okay if there is a little flour on the sides of the bowl.
- Shred the carrots into small pieces. I used a cheese grater to do this. I added 1/2 cup but if you love carrots you can add more.
- When frying your pancakes I recommend adding ¼ tsp of butter to the pan. It will make the outside of your pancakes that beautiful golden brown color. If you do not have butter use a neutral oil so that the pancakes do not stick to the pan.
For these Carrots Cake Pancakes I topped them with vegan cream cheese, shredded carrots, walnuts, and maple syrup. The fun part of this is that you can get super creative and add anything you want!
Want to make sure you have leftovers? Double the recipe and wrap the pancakes up and place them in the refrigerator or freezer. When I am ready to eat the pancakes I just take them out and pop them in the microwave or toaster.
These Carrots Cake Pancakes are:
Easy to whip up
When you make this recipe I would love it if you would snap a photo of your food and share it with me on instagram @itsallgoodvegan.com. I can’t wait to see how you like
Carrot Cake Pancakes
Get festive with these Carrot Cake Pancakes! Thick and fluffy pancakes filled with grated carrots, walnuts, and cinnamon. Then topped with a whipped vanilla cream cheese and drizzled with maple syrup.
- 1 ½ cups whole wheat flour or all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups dairy-free milk, I used almond milk
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- ½ Tbsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup apple sauce
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup grated carrot
- ¼ tsp walnuts
- 2 Tbsp butter substitute for spray oil
- Make the vegan buttermilk mixture. Combine and mix the dairy-free milk and apple cider vinegar together in a bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, brown sugar, and whisk together.
- Add the apple sauce and vanilla with the buttermilk mixture and whisk. Add this mixture with your dry ingredients.
- Whisk until a batter is formed. Fold in the grated carrots and walnuts and mix once more.
- Heat a large pan on medium heat. Once hot, lightly butter or spray with oil. Scoop 1/ 4 cup of pancake batter on the pan.
- Cook the pancake until you see bubbles break the surface then flip (around 2 minutes). Cook each pancake until golden brown.
- Top with shredded carrots, walnuts, and syrup and serve immediately.
- Leftovers will last 3 days in the fridge and 2 weeks in the freezer.
- Add additional toppings to your pancakes. Some of my favorites include, nut butters, raspberries, shredded coconut, and agave or maple syrup.
- Don’t like your pancakes too fluffy? Add milk to make your batter thin before pan frying them.
- Making these pancakes for more than 3 people? Double the recipe.