Looking for a treat to satisfy your sweet tooth? Make these Chocolate Dipped Frozen Banana Bites. Creamy, chocolatey, and kid friendly. Dipped in chocolate and topped with coconut, pecans and raspberries. They are simple to make and only take 20 minutes to whip up.
TIPS WHEN MAKING THESE BANANA BITES
- When picking your bananas choose bananas that are firm and not super ripe.
- I cut my banana into ½ inch slices. You can cut them even thicker if you want, it is up to you!
- Don’t forget to add parchment paper to your baking sheet or plate before dipping the bananas in the chocolate. If you place the banana bites on your sheet or plate without the parchment paper it will stick. I have tested it out and had to scrap the banana off my plate.
- To make it easy to dip my bananas in the chocolate I poked it with a toothpick the dipped the banana in the chocolate. You can use your hands, the banana just gets slimy.
- This recipe calls for adding coconut oil to your melted chocolate. This is not a mandatory ingredient but highly recommended. Adding coconut oil to your chocolate will harden the chocolate faster and give it that beautiful shine.
- It takes about 1 to 1 ½ for the chocolate and bananas to harden. This all will depend on the temperature of your freezer as well.
- If you keep your bananas in the freezer for longer than 2 hours make sure to thaw your banana bites for about 5 minutes before eating. When completely frozen they are difficult to bit into.
I topped these frozen banana bites with chopped pecans, shredded coconut, and freeze dried raspberries. You can get super creative with these toppings and use what you have in your pantry. The choices for these toppings are just endless!
TOPPINGS FOR YOUR BANANA BITES
Small Pieces of Candy
Drizzles Peanut Butter
MY GO-TO VEGAN CHOCOLATE
Did you know most chocolate bars have dairy in them? Even though you might think you are safe with getting a dark chocolate bar it sometimes can still have a trace of dairy in it.
So with that being said, I wanted to share some of my go-to brands of vegan chocolate (not sponsored). I know I am missing other vegan chocolate brands but I am just sharing the ones I personally use the most often. I usually can find the brand Theo and Endangered Species at my local grocery store. But the Trader Joe’s chocolate you can only get at Trader Joes grocery store.
Trader Joe’s Vegan Chocolate
These Chocolate Dipped Frozen Banana Bites are:
Easy to make
Satisfies your sweet tooth
When you make these I would love it if you would snap a photo of your food and share it with me on instagram @itsallgoodvegan.com. I can’t wait to see how you like it!
Chocolate- Dipped Frozen Banana Bites
Dipped Frozen Banana Bites. Creamy, chocolatey, and kid friendly. They are simple to make and only take 20 minutes to whip up.
- 3 large firm bananas
- 1 bar or 1 cup of vegan chocolate, I used dark chocolate
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp pecans, chopped
- 2 Tbsp freeze dried raspberries, broken into small pieces
- 2 Tbsp shredded coconut
- Line a large plate or small baking pan with parchment paper. Choose a plate or a sheet pan that can fit in your freezer.
- Combine the chocolate and coconut oil in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 30 second intervals stirring between each one until the chocolate has melted.
- Peel and cut your banana into ½ inch round pieces.
- Dip each slice of banana halfway into the chocolate and place on a plate or baking sheet. The bananas can make your hands slimy, so I recommend wiping your hands in between dipping. Or poking your banana with a toothpick and dipping them in the chocolate. Repeat the process until all the banana slices have been dipped half way into the chocolate.
- Sprinkle with your favorite toppings. I used chopped pecans, freeze dried bananas, and shredded coconut. Place bananas in the freezer for 1 to 1 ½ hours to harden. The time will depend on how cold your freezer is, so I recommend checking them after 1 hour.
- Take the banana bites out and eat! Transfer the leftovers to an airtight container and store in the freezer. When ready to eat again allow bananas to thaw slightly for 5 minutes before eating.
- You do not have to add toppings to your banana bites. Something as simple as adding sea salt would be wonderful.
- Adding coconut oil to the chocolate is not necessary but is highly recommended.
- If your banana bites are in the freezer for a long period of time. Don’t forget to allow them to thaw slightly before eating. If not, the banana bites become super hard to bite into.