Looking to whip up the perfect summer dish thats can be made in 30 minutes or less? Try this bright and colorful Pearl Couscous Medley. Soft pearl couscous paired with grilled summer squash, red onions, and drizzled with a creamy lemon garlic tahini sauce.
For the sauce I made a Creamy Lemon Garlic Tahini Sauce. It is super simple to whip up and requires minimal ingredients. For this sauce I used tahini, lemon juice, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and water. The reason I added water to the sauce is to thin it out. I personally like it to be more of a dressing than a thick sauce. However, you can change the amount to make yours thinner or thicker.
What is the one food that reminds you of summer? For me it is any type of grilled vegetables. I love that you can throw veggies on the grill and they come out so smokey and flavorful. For this dish I grilled up zucchini, yellow straight neck squash, and red onion. You can substitute out the veggies and add whatever you have on hand at home. I just recommend slicing them thinly so they cook all the way on the grill.
OTHER GREAT VEGGIES TO GRILL
If you do not have a grill, no worries! I was not able to use an actual grill with covid so I used a cast iron grill plate on the stove instead. But if you don’t have that either you can also roast your veggies in the oven.
I wanted to share some of the recipe ingredients that you can swap out in case you do not have the ones I listed in your pantry.
Pearl Couscous – Pasta like Penne Pasta
White Beans- Chickpeas or Garbanzo Beans
Summer Squash – Grilled veggies that you have on hand.
Italian Seasoning- Dried Basil and Dried Oregano
Garlic Powder- Minced Garlic
I recommend dividing your pearl couscous in bowls first. Then topping it with your grilled veggies and Creamy Lemon Garlic Tahini Sauce. Lastly, taste your medley and add additional garnish to your medley with italian seasoning and salt or pepper.
This Pearl Couscous Medley is:
Perfect for Summer
When you make this dish I would love it if you would snap a photo of your food and share it with me on instagram @itsallgoodvegan.com. I can’t wait to see how you like it!
Pearl Couscous Medley
Make this bright and colorful Pearl Couscous Medley. Soft pearl couscous packed with grilled summer squash, red onions, and drizzled with a creamy lemon garlic tahini sauce.
Pearl Couscous Medley
- 2 cups of pearl couscous, cooked according to the back of the package
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped thinly into half moons
- 1 medium yellow straight neck squash, chopped thinly into half moons
- ½ red onion, chopped thinly into rounds
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp italian seasoning, optional
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) of Norther White Beans, drained and rinsed.
Creamy Lemon Garlic Tahini Sauce
- ¼ cup tahini
- ½ Tbsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ½ medium lemon, seeded and juiced
- 2 Tbsp water, optional for thinning out your dressing.
- Heat a grill or grill pan on medium heat. Once hot, grill your zucchini, yellow straight neck squash, and red onion for 5 minutes on each side or until you see grill marks on your veggies. Place grilled veggies on a plate and season with ¼ tsp salt, ¼ tsp pepper, ½ tsp italian seasoning, and toss.
- In a medium bowl combine all of the Creamy Lemon Garlic Tahini Sauce ingredients together and whisk. You can add additional water to make your sauce thinner.
- Divide your cooked pearl couscous in bowls. Top with the grilled veggies, white beans and drizzle with Creamy Lemon Garlic Tahini Sauce.
- Taste medley and add additional seasoning (salt, pepper, or italian seasoning) if needed.
- Leftovers can be kept in the refrigerator in an airtight container for 2 days.
Make it Your Own
- Substitute Italian seasoning with dried thyme, dried oregano, or dried basil.
- Like a little extra spice? Sprinkle some crushed red pepper to the top of your medley.
- Get creative by adding any type of veggies that you have on at home. Veggies that I recommend to add to your medley are, mushrooms, red bell peppers, and eggplant.