Looking for a perfect on-the-go breakfast or snack? You must try these delicious oat bars. These scrumptious bars are filled with dark sweet cherries and topped with a crumbly oat crust. These bars are vegan, dairy-free, and only require 10 ingredients to make.
Before you start making your bars you will want to preheat your oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit. First, start with making the crumble of these oat bars. In a large bowl combine the oats, flour, salt, softened coconut oil, baking powder and syrup. If you do not have coconut oil you can substitute it with softened dairy-free butter. For this recipe I used maple syrup but agave syrups will also work well for this crumble.
Using a large spoon mix ingredients together until a clumpy crumble mixture is formed. Pour half of the mixture into the baking pan that you are using and press mixture down to form the bottom of the crust. You can either use a rubber spatula or your hands to pack down the crust.
Next, cut your cherries in half and place them in a bowl with the sugar, lemon juice, and cornstarch and toss. You can add the optional syrup or sugar here to sweeten your oat bars. For this recipe I didn’t add a lot of sweetener since the cherries were already naturally sweet.
With it still being summer here the cherries are in season making them irresistible to pass up while shopping at the grocery store yesterday. However, if you are not using cherries for these oat bars you can substitute them for any other type of fruit.
Some of my favorites include:
It is also fun to use two fruit making a delicious fruit combination like strawberry and peach oat bars.
Sprinkle the rest of the crumble mixture on top of the bars. Bake the Cherry Oat Bars for 35-40 minutes or until the top of the crumble is golden brown. Take out of the oven and let cool for 1 to 2 hours in your refrigerator before cutting into squares.
These Cherry Oat Bars are:
Quick & Easy
Perfect Summer Treat
Made with only 10 ingredients
These Cherry Oat Bars make the perfect breakfast, snack, or dessert! If you make this recipe I would love it if you would snap a photo of your food and share it with me on instagram @itsallgoodvegan.com. I can’t wait to see how you like it!
Cherry Oat Bars
These scrumptious bars are filled with dark sweet cherries and topped with a crumbly oat crust. These bars are vegan, dairy-free, and only require 10 ingredients to make.
- 1 1/2 cup old fashioned oats, gluten free
- 1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour, substitute for gluten-free flour
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, softened
- ½ cup maple syrup, substitute for agave syrup
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cane sugar
- 2 cups dark sweet cherries, pitted and chopped in half. You can also use frozen cherries as well.
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit (176 C). Line an 8 by 8 inch baking pan with parchment paper or spray your pan with cooking oil.
- In a large bowl combine the oats, flour, salt, softened coconut oil, baking powder, and syrup. Using a large spoon mix ingredients together until a clumpy crumble mixture is formed.
- Scoop ¾ (a little over half of the mixture) of the crumble into the pan. Using a rubber spatula, press crumble into the pan creating the oat bar crust.
- In a small bowl combine the chopped cherries, sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, and mix. Sprinkle the cherry mixture on top of the crust evenly.
- Add the remaining crumble on top of the cherries. Bake at 350 degrees fahrenheit for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before cutting into squares.
- Substitute the dark sweet cherries for any other fruit. You can also use frozen fruit for the filling.
- Don’t have maple syrup? Use agave syrup instead of the maple syrup.
- Substitute softened coconut oil with softened vegan butter.
Just made these tonight. Absolutely delicious! Thank you so much! I’ll print this and keep it in my book. Xx
These are fantastic! I add some chopped pecans in too, because I love nuts, and it works beautifully.
Hi Sasha! I am so happy you enjoyed them. Thank you so much for sharing.
I made these tonight and they turned out delicious! The only thing that didn’t go right for me was the consistency – my “bars” were more of a crumble – it didn’t stay together at all! Where can I improve for next time? Thank you!
Awe Im sorry they didn’t stay together! I would just recommend really pressing down the first layer of that oat crust down. Then when it comes to the cherry mixture I would add an additional tsp of cornstarch to thicken it. I hope that helps 🙂 thanks for making my recipe Maureen
These look good! I’m thinking of making them, but I see in your text you mention vanilla. However, it’s not in the actual ingredients list. You wrote: ‘Next, cut your cherries in half and place them in a bowl with the sugar, lemon juice, vanilla, and cornstarch and toss.’ Please advise. Thanks!
That is a typo. I will fix it right now. The recipe doesn’t require vanilla but a tsp would be lovely.