With the holidays coming up this week I wanted to share these Miso Glazed Carrots. It’s such a simple and easy side dish you can whip up in 30 minutes or less. Made with roasted carrots, a sweet miso glaze, and topped with cranberries, sesame seeds and fresh herbs. This dish is vegan, gluten-free, and dairy-free.
For these Miso Glazed Carrots I cut the carrots into 1 inch pieces. It is really important to cut these up veggies into small even sized pieces. If they are too large they will take longer than the recommended time to cook.
TIPS WHEN ROASTING YOUR VEGGIES
- Cut your vegetables into even 1 inch bite sized pieces.
- Line your baking pan with parchment paper or spray with oil. This will prevent the carrots from sticking to your pan.
- Lay the veggies out on a pan evenly. Avoid overlapping and stacking on the pan. When veggies are stacked, the vegetable will not cook evenly.
- Drizzle the miso mixture on top of your vegetables before roasting. Make sure to check to see what your oils smoke point is before using.
- Some oils that have a high smoke point include, avocado oil, grapeseed oil, and canola oil.
You can also add additional roasted vegetables to this recipe as well. Some great additions include parsnips, cauliflower, butternut squash, or acorn squash. Depending on what vegetable you add to your pan will depend on if it needs to be roasted for a longer period of time.
Don’t have all the ingredients listed? I wanted to share some of the recipe ingredients that you can swap out in case you do not have the ones I listed in your pantry or at your local grocery store.
Red Miso Paste – White Miso Paste
Oil – Butter
Dried Cranberries- Pomegranate Jewels
Maple Syrup- Brown Sugar
Fresh Herbs- Dried Herbs
When you make this recipe I would love it if you would snap a photo of your food and share it with me on instagram @itsallgoodvegan.com. I can’t wait to see how you like it!
These Miso Glazed Carrots are:
Simple to make
Perfect as a side dish
Miso Glazed Carrots
It's such a simple and easy side dish you can whip up in 30 minutes or less. Made with roasted carrots, a sweet miso glaze, and topped with cranberries and sesame seeds.
Miso Glazed Carrots
- 1 lb of carrots, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 Tbsp neutral oil
- ½ Tbsp red miso paste
- 2 tsp water
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- sesame seeds
- dried or fresh thyme
- Preheat your oven to 4oo degrees Fahrenheit (204 C). Line a baking pan with parchment paper. Combine the miso paste, ½ Tbsp oil, water, and maple syrup in a small bowl. Whisk well until combined.
- Evenly spread the carrots on the baking pan. Drizzle ½ Tbsp of oil on the carrots and toss. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Take the carrots out of the oven and brush or drizzle the miso mixture on top of the carrots. Place the pan back in the oven and bake for an additional 10 minutes or until the carrots are fork tender.
- Place the carrots on a serving dish and top with salt, pepper, sesame seeds, dried herbs, and cranberries.
Make it Your Own
- Add additional garnishes to your Miso Glazed Carrots.
- Like sweet carrots? Add an additional 1 tsp of maple syrup to the miso mixture.
- Want to add more veggies to your sheet pan? Some veggies that I recommend include, parsnips, cauliflower, and acorn squash.