This post is sponsored by Primal Kitchen. All opinions are my own.
Start this month off with a flavorful yet nourishing Buffalo Ranch Tofu Salad. Made with crunchy romaine and butter lettuce topped with celery, carrots, and cherry tomatoes. Drizzled with a creamy vegan ranch dressing and paired with a delicious piece of baked buffalo tofu.
This crispy buffalo recipe might look familiar because it is a version of my Buffalo Tofu Nuggets. For this tofu recipe I used high protein tofu which is a bit firmer than extra firm tofu or firm tofu. So if you are using high protein tofu you don’t have to press your tofu. Though, if you are using firm or extra firm you will need to press the water out of your tofu. I recommend pressing it for 20-25 minutes.
Cut the tofu into 4 equal sections, see photo above. Then cut the tofu in half once more making 8 smaller tofu pieces. Cutting the tofu into smaller pieces will make it easier when dipping the tofu into the flour and breadcrumbs.
BREADING YOUR TOFU
You will need 3 different bowls to bread your tofu.
I will admit, your hands will get pretty sticky in the process. If you don’t want to use your hands I recommend using tongs.
FLOUR + CORNSTARCH– Combine gluten-free flour and cornstarch together. For the gluten-flour I used Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 baking flour. Also adding the cornstarch with this flour will make the tofu extra crispy when baking.
MILK– It is important to use unsweetened dairy-free milk. Since this is a savory dish using any type of sweetened flavored milk like vanilla will make it taste odd. I recommend using soy, almond, or oat milk for this recipe.
BREADCRUMBS– I used plain gluten-free breadcrumbs for this recipe. If you are not gluten-free use regular breadcrumbs instead. I just would not recommend using panko bread crumbs for this recipe.
After breading your Tofu Nuggets you will want to arrange the tofu evenly on a greased sheet pan and bake for 20 minutes at 425 degree Fahrenheit (218 C) . Then take them out, flip, and bake again for an additional 20 minutes.
ADDING SAUCE TO YOUR NUGGETS
You can add sauce to your buffalo tofu either by pouring the buffalo sauce in a small bowl and dip each tofu piece individually. Or you can use a basting brush and brush the sauce on top of the tofu. For this buffalo sauce I used Primal Kitchen’s Buffalo Sauce. To find this buffalo sauce near you click here.
You can get super creative with what type of vegetables and toppings that you add to your salad. For the lettuce I used a mix of romaine and butter lettuce. Then topped it with tomatoes, onions, carrots, and celery.
OTHER GREAT SALAD INGREDIENTS TO ADD
Nuts and Seeds
For the salad dressing I used Primal Kitchens Vegan Ranch. Not only is this dressing super creamy and flavorful but is Keto certified, certified Paleo, and Whole30-Approved, and vegan! To get 10% off your next purchase with Primal Kitchen use the code ITSALLGOODVEGAN.
With this code I will receive a small commission.
If you make this Buffalo Ranch Tofu Salad I would love it if you would snap a photo of your food and share it with me on instagram @itsallgoodvegan.com. I can’t wait to see how you like it!
This Buffalo Ranch Tofu Salad is:
Bursting with Flavor
Buffalo Ranch Tofu Salad
- 2 tsp oil, this is to grease your baking pan.
- 1 (14 ounce) package of high protein or extra firm tofu, pressed
- 1/2 cup unsweetened dairy-free milk, I used soy milk
- 1 cup gluten-free breadcrumbs
- ½ cup gluten-free flour
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- ⅔ cup of Primal Kitchen Buffalo Sauce, add additional sauce if needed
- 7 cups of lettuce, romaine or butter
- 1 cup of tomatoes, chopped
- ½ cup white onion, chopped thinly
- ½ cup celery, chopped thinly
- ½ cup carrots, shredded
- Primal Kitchens Vegan Ranch
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit (218 C). Spray or drizzle a large sheet pan with oil and set aside.
- Cut your pressed tofu vertically into 4 sections. Your tofu should be the same size as when you got it from the packages but separated into 4 sections.
- Cut your tofu pieces in half once more, making 8 even pieces (see photo in post).
- In a medium bowl add the flour mixture ingredients together and mix. In another bowl combine the breadcrumbs and in a smaller bowl and the milk in a separate bowl. Line all your bowls next to one another, along with your oiled baking pan.
- First, cover your tofu piece in the flour mixture covering the tofu. Second, dunk the tofu in the milk. Lastly, while the tofu is wet bread the tofu with the breadcrumb mixture covering the entire piece. Place the tofu on the baking pan and repeat until all your tofu pieces are breaded.
- Arrange the breaded tofu evenly on the oiled sheet pan and bake for 20 minutes, take out, flip, and bake for an additional 20 minutes. To get your tofu extra crispy tofu cook them in the airfryer.
- Using a basting brush, evenly brush the buffalo sauce on each tofu piece. You can also dip or toss your breaded tofu in the sauce. Cut tofu into pieces and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine all of the salad ingredients together and toss.
- Divide salad into bowls. Top with buffalo tofu and drizzle with vegan ranch. Eat and enjoy!
Make it Your Own
- If you add your dressing to your salad I recommend eating it immediately otherwise the lettuce will get soggy.
- Want extra crispy Tofu? Use the airfryer instead of the oven. You will just have to cook the tofu in multiple batches.
- I like to garnish my salad with salt, pepper, and chopped green onions.
Thank you to Primal Kitchen for sponsoring this post! I love working with brands that I recommend and love. I appreciate your support!
Pingback: Tofu Recipes: 29 of the Best Healthy & Delicious Recipes for Every meal - Cathy Richards, RD