Creamy Alfredo Pasta with Cauliflower, White Beans, and Kale. I’m “ALRFREDO” Imma eat it all! This comforting recipe is a must try! Made with casarecce pasta, roasted cauliflower, white beans, kale and mixed in a rich and flavorful dairy-free sauce.
TIPS WHEN MAKING THIS PASTA
- The first thing you will want to do is cut your cauliflower into bite size pieces and place it on a sheet pan with your white beans. You will want to make sure the cauliflower is cut the same size so they cook evenly.
- Roasting your cauliflower and beans takes the longest so I like to pop it in the oven right away.
- To make this pasta super flavorful I sprinkled chili powder, cumin powder, and garlic powder on my cauliflower and white beans before baking. If you are a huge fan of garlic you can add more.
- After 35 minutes of roasting I took the pan out and added kale to the pan. I then roasted it for 5 additional minutes. If you are not a fan of kale you can just skip this step and add fresh spinach directly to your pasta. Do not roast your fresh spinach.
- When you make your alfredo sauce it is super important to use unsweetened dairy-free milk. Using sweetened milk will make this pasta taste sweet instead of savory.
- When you are making your sauce it might seem like you are adding a lot of liquid. However, once you add your veggies and pasta you will notice the pasta will soak the sauce right up.
- After you are done cooking this dish immediately take it off the stove. Keeping it on the stove will cause it to burn and get too thick.
- As the pasta cools it will get very thick. To thin your creamy pasta sauce add additional vegetable broth and stir.
I wanted to share some recipe ingredients that you can swap out in case you do not have the ones I listed in your pantry.
Casarecce Pasta- Any type of Pasta, if you are gluten-free use GF noodles.
All-Purpose Flour- Gluten-Free Flour
Unsweetened Soy Milk- Unsweetened Almond or Unsweetened Oat Milk.
Fresh Cauliflower- Fresh Broccoli
Kale- Fresh Spinach
White Beans- Cannellini Beans, Northern Beans, or Chickpeas.
Garlic Powder- Garlic Cloves
Olive or Avocado Oil- Melted Butter
White or Yellow Onion- Shallots
I love topping my pasta with garnishes. In this photo I topped this pasta with salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper.
Here are some other great garnishes to add to your pasta :
- Fresh Herbs
- Dried Herbs
- Vegan Cheese
HOW TO REHEAT THIS PASTA FOR LEFTOVERS
HOW TO REHEAT THIS PASTA FOR LEFTOVERS
I like to reheat this pasta on the stove or microwave. Once you put the pasta in the refrigerator you will notice that the pasta sauce will thicken once it cools. To thin the sauce I recommend adding veggie broth to your pasta bowl before reheating it. The amount of vegetable broth will depend on how much pasta you have left.
This Pasta with Cauliflower, White Beans, and Kale is:
Can be made gluten-free
When you make this pasta I would love it if you would snap a photo of your food and share it with me on instagram @itsallgoodvegan. I can’t wait to see how you like it!
Pasta with Cauliflower, White Beans, and Kale
Made with casarecce pasta, roasted cauliflower, white beans, kale and mixed in a rich and flavorful dairy-free sauce.
Cauliflower, White Beans & Kale
- small head of fresh cauliflower, chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 cup white beans, I used beans from a can
- 3 cups kale, chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 tsp oil, avocado
- ½ tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 8 ounces of pasta, I used casarecce pasta, substitute for gluten-free pasta
- 1 small white or yellow onion, chopped
- 3 Tbsp neutral oil, I used olive oil
- 3 Tbsp all purpose flour, substitute with gluten-free flour
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened dairy-free milk, I used soy
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Preheat your oven to 415 degrees Fahrenheit (212 C). Evenly spread your cauliflower and white beans on a sheet pan. Drizzle with oil, chili powder, cumin powder, and garlic powder. Toss until the cauliflower and beans and covered with seasoning and bake for 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook your pasta according to the back of the package. Drain the water and set pasta aside.
- Heat a large pot on medium heat. Add the oil and onion and cook until soft and translucent, about 4 minutes. Add the flour and stir to combine.
- Pour in the milk, vegetable broth, salt, pepper, garlic powder, stirring frequently, and mix until it becomes a creamy sauce.
- Take the cauliflower and white beans out of the oven. Add the fresh kale to the top of the pan and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Combine the pasta, cauliflower, white beans, and kale to the pot with the alfredo sauce. Mix until well combined.
- Taste the pasta and add additional seasoning (salt, pepper, or nutritional yeast) if needed.
- Take pasta off the heat and divide into bowls.
- Leftovers can be kept in the refrigerator in an airtight container for 3 days.
- Substitute the kale for fresh spinach. You will add the spinach to your pasta once you add the pasta. Do not roast the spinach.
- Don’t have casarecce pasta? Use anytype of pasta that you have in your pantry instead.
- This pasta makes for great leftovers. I just recommend adding vegetable broth to thin the sauce before reheating it.