I call this one “the ultimate summertime side dish special”. Ok, I’m definitely not calling it that, but that’s exactly what it is. These fresh ingredients come together so well and when you add a touch of zesty lime dressing, you’ll have people coming back for seconds.
Packed with grilled corn, tomatoes, peppers, and avocado. With a touch of zesty lime dressing this recipe is not only delicious, but super nourishing.
GRILLING YOUR CORN
You can grill your corn on a traditional grill or a grill pan. For this corn I used my cast iron grill pan. To grill your corn, heat your grill or grill pan on high heat. Once warm, grill your corn for 5 minutes, flip, and cook for an additional 5 minutes or until the corn is slightly charred and tender.
If you are short on time you can boil the corn in water for 5 minutes to pre cook it. Then place it on the grill to get those beautiful char marks.
This Grilled Corn Salad is super easy to make. Just prep all your veggies, make your dressing, and combine it all into a large bowl and toss. You can eat it immediately or place it in the refrigerator to chill. By placing the salad in the refrigerator to chill the dressing really marinates the veggies and brings out the zesty lime flavor.
Since this recipe doesn’t call for a lot of salt and pepper I recommend tasting it after the salad has chilled and adding additional salt or pepper. I am also a huge fan of cilantro and like to sprinkle additional fresh cilantro to the top of my salad.
Here are some ingredients that you can swap out with what you already have in your pantry.
CHERRY TOMATOES– I love using cherry tomatoes because they are so sweet. However, a large tomato cut up into small pieces would work perfectly as well.
BELL PEPPERS– For this recipe I used baby red, yellow, and orange bell peppers. Any of these colors would be great to use in this salad.
MAPLE SYRUP– Swap maple syrup for agave syrup. Both will give the zesty lime dressing that sweet yet tangy flavor.
CHICKPEAS- You can use black beans in place of the chickpeas. I just recommend rinsing the beans really well before adding them to the salad.
GARLIC POWDER- I am a huge fan of garlic and like to add it to a lot of my recipes for its bold flavor. I added garlic powder to the zesty lime dressing. Though, if you don’t have it you can substitute it for onion powder. Even though they are different they both really give the dressing that extra flavor.
This Grilled Corn Salad is:
Easy to Make
If you make this salad I would love it if you would snap a photo of your food and share it with me on instagram @itsallgoodvegan. I can’t wait to see how you like it!
Grilled Corn Salad
Grilled Corn Salad
- 4 large ears of corn, shucked
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup bell peppers, chopped
- 1 large avocado, peeled and sliced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, with the stems removed, chopped
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
Zesty Lime Dressing
- 4 large limes, juiced
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼ tsp cumin powder
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp maple syrup, optional
- ¼ tsp garlic powder, optional
- In a bowl combine the zesty lime dressing ingredients and whisk. Place the dressing in the refrigerator to chill.
- Heat your grill or grill pan on high heat. Once warm, grill your corn for 5 minutes, flip, and cook for an additional 5 minutes or until the corn is slightly charred and tender.
- Cut the kernels off the cob and place the corn in a large bowl. Add the cherry tomatoes, bell peppers, avocado, chickpeas, cilantro, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the lime dressing on the veggies and toss. Taste salad and add additional seasoning (salt, pepper, and cilantro).
- Place the Grilled Corn Salad in the refrigerator for 20 minutes to chill. Divide into bowls and serve.
Make it Your Own
- This recipe will serve 4 people. If you are making this for a large family or gathering I recommend doubling the recipe.
- If you don’t have a grill for the corn you can also boil your corn until the corn is tender.
- Double the zesty lime dressing for an extra lime flavor.