This post is sponsored by Primal Kitchen. All opinions are my own.
There’s something about summer that makes me feel amazing. I don’t know if it’s being able to go to the pools again or just having all the extra sunshine, but I always feel so happy. This summer my husband and I are starting summer off right with a good ole fashioned grill out!
A jalapeño black bean burger grill out to be exact! Packed with FLAVOR and inexpensive to make. This burger is so easy to make and is always a crowd pleaser.
This burger only requires 10 ingredients and can be made in 30 minutes or less!
TIP TO MAKING AN AMAZING BURGER
- To make these burgers spicy I added a half of a jalapeno. If you like it extra spicy add a whole jalapeno instead. Or if you are making these burgers and do not like a lot of spice dont add the jalapeno at all and just stick with the chili powder.
- I used a blender to prepare my burger ingredients. However, if you do not have a blender or food processor you can still easily make these. Instead, chop up the onions and jalapenos into really small pieces and use a fork to mash your black beans.
- When you add your black beans to the food processor I recommend pulsing just a couple times. You don’t want to overblend your beans and make them into mush.
- To form your burgers, divide your black bean mixture into 3 large balls. Using your hands form them into 3 patties. If you prefer thinner or smaller patties I recommend dividing your patties into 6 small balls.
- I used a cast iron grill pan to cook my burgers. You can also use a traditional grill, frying pan, or an oven to bake them. If you bake them I recommend cooking them at 350 degree F (176 C) for 10 minutes on each side.
If you want to add a cheese slice to the top of your burgers I recommend leaving it in the pan and adding a 1/2 teaspoon of water and covering it with a lid. The water in the pan should steam the cheese making it melt.
If your vegan cheese still isn’t melting, place your burger with the cheese slice in the oven at 350 degree F (176 C) for 3-4 minutes or until the cheese melts. On how quick your cheese melts will depend on what type of vegan cheese you are using and how long it takes to melt.
You can get super creative when it comes to adding toppings to this burger. For this burger I added mayonnaise, fried jalapenos, mashed avocado, cheese and spicy ketchup. Yes, I do admit I am that girl that always wants as many toppings as possible! Don’t have these toppings in your refrigerator? No worries, below are some of my other go-to toppings.
For the mayonnaise and ketchup I used Primal Kitchen’s Vegan Mayo and Spicy Ketchup. Both are oh so flavorful and are made without added sugar. Both are Keto Certified, Certified Paleo, and Whole30 Approved®. To get 10% off your next purchase with Primal Kitchen use the code ITSALLGOODVEGAN. With this affiliate code I will receive a small commission.
Are you gluten-free? There are two ingredients that have gluten in them, and those are the breadcrumbs and the bun. To make this gluten-free all you have to do is substitute the breadcrumbs and bun for a gluten-free version.
When you make this burger I would love it if you would snap a photo of your food and share it with me on instagram @itsallgoodvegan. I can’t wait to see how you like it!
These Jalapeño Black Bean Burger are:
Quick and easy
Packed with flavor
Jalapeño Black Bean Burger
Quick and easy Spicy Black Bean Burgers. Packed with flavor and inexpensive to make. This recipe only requires 10 ingredients and can be made in 30 minutes or less!
Spicy Black Bean Burger
- ½ cup breadcrumbs, substitute for gluten-free breadcrumbs.
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed, and patted dry
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ jalapeno pepper, seeds removed
- ½ medium onion, red or white, chopped into thirds.
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp oil, I used olive oil
- In a high powered blender or food processor combine the onion, jalapeno, garlic, and pulse until blended into small pieces.
- Combine the beans and 1 tablespoon of oil in the blender and pulse (2-3 times) or until the beans have turned into a sticky mixture but not a complete paste.
- Transfer the bean mixture to a medium bowl and mix in the garlic powder, cumin powder, chili powder, bread crumbs and nutritional yeast to your black bean burger dough.
- Using your hands divide the black bean mixture into 3 large balls. Flatten the balls down and form your patties.
- Heat a pan or cast iron skillet on medium heat. Once hot add 1 tablespoon of oil and cook each burger for 5 minutes then flip and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Lastly, add all of your favorite toppings to your burger.
- Leftovers will last wrapped up in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Love spicy foods? Add a whole jalapeno instead of a half. Or if you are making these burgers and do not like a lot of spice dont add the jalapeno at all.
- Are you gluten free? Substitute breadcrumbs and bun to make this meal completely gluten-free.
- This recipe will make 3 large black bean burgers. If you want to make these into sliders divide the black bean mixture in 6 small balls instead.
Thank you to Primal Kitchen for sponsoring this post! I love working with brands that I recommend and love. I appreciate your support!