This post is sponsored by Primal Kitchen. All opinions are my own.
Get festive this season with this Cheddar Cheese Wreath Bread. Topped with rosemary, parsley, pomegranate jewels, and paired with a creamy ranch dressing. Such a delicious kid approved appetizer that your whole family will love!
SHAPING YOUR DOUGH
First, divide the pizza dough into two. Roll both pieces of dough into two long coils. Cut each coil into 15 pieces for a total of 30 pieces. You can cut your dough into smaller pieces just remember to cut your cheese into pieces and adjust the cooking time.
Shape the dough by flattening the piece of dough into a small pancake using your palm. Place the cube of cheese in the middle of the flattened dough. Wrap the dough around the cheese, pinching the dough until sealed. Place the dough seam side down on the prepared baking sheet. By placing the dough seam side down will ensure that the dough does not lose its shape.
Lastly, arrange the cheese filled dough into the shape of a wreath. I arranged 14 pieces of the dough on the inside of the wreath and 16 pieces on the outside. Make sure that each piece of dough is touching. Also don’t forget to leave a large enough hole in the middle for your dipping sauce.
I used a block of dairy-free cheddar cheese. However, if you do not want or have cheddar cheese you can use mozzarella instead. I just recommend using a cheese in the form of a block versus shredded. The reason I say this is because it is a lot easier when it comes to forming your dough.
For the dip I used Primal Kitchen’s Vegan Ranch. Now this is going to sound a little strange to some of you but where I went to school in Missouri we dipped everything in ranch dressing. Yes, that includes cheese bread. Don’t like ranch? Try a marinara sauce instead.I love using it for its bold flavorful and creamy texture. I served the ranch in a small bowl inside of the wreath but you can also serve it on the side.
This ranch dressing is made without sugar, grains, gluten, dairy, soy ingredients, and canola oil. To get your own jar for the holidays coming up head to Primal Kitchen’s website and get 10% off your next purchase. Just use the code ITSALLGOODVEGAN. With this affiliate code I will receive a small commission.
These Cheddar Cheese Wreath Bread is:
Fun to make
If you make this Cheddar Cheese Wreath Bread I would love it if you would snap a photo of your food and share it with me on instagram @itsallgoodvegan. I can’t wait to see how you like it!
Cheddar Cheese Wreath Bread
Garlicky, comforting, and flavorful. Such a simple and easy recipe to whip up.
- 22 ounces pizza dough (1.3 pounds), I bought my dough premade
- coconut oil, melted, substitute with melted butter
- 1 block of dairy-free cheddar cheese cut into small bite size pieces [recipe-ingredients title="Garnish"]
- fresh parsley, chopped finely
- fresh rosemary
- pomegranate seeds
- ¼ tsp flakey sea salt [recipe-ingredients title="Dipping Sauce"]
- Vegan Ranch
- marinara sauce, optional
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (218 C). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Divide the pizza dough into two. Roll both pieces of dough into two long coils. Cut each coil into 15 pieces for a total of 30 pieces of dough.
- Using your hand, flatten the piece of dough into a pancake using your palm. Place the cube of cheese in the middle of the flattened dough. Wrap the dough around the cheese, pinching the dough until sealed. Place the dough seam side down on the prepared baking sheet.
- Arrange the cheese filled dough into the shape of a wreath, 14 pieces for the inside of the wreath and 16 pieces for the outside. Each piece should be touching. Make sure to leave a large enough hole in the middle for your dipping sauce.
- Brush the wreath with coconut oil. Bake for 6 minutes, rotate pan, and bake for an additional 6 minutes or until golden brown.
- Brush the melted butter on the wreath and garnish with chopped parsley, rosemary, pomorgant seeds, and sea salt. Pour the vegan ranch into a small bowl and place it in the middle of the wreath.
- Don’t have cheddar cheese? No worries, use a block of white cheese instead.
- Add additional cheese like parasane to the top of your cheese bread wreath.
- Can’t find premade dough? Make your own pizza dough instead.
This looks so festive! I’m going to have to try arranging my mom’s dinner roll recipe like this when we have our family gathering.
which premade dough did you buy … ? i tried red mills gluten free pizza dough mix and it was quite the “sticky” situation … lol
I used pillsbury Premade classic pizza crust