This Greek Salad Topped Hummus is the ultimate easy and stress free dish. This hummus is creamy, silky, and topped with tasty mediterranean flavors. It makes a wonderful healthy snack or appetizer and can be made in 20 minutes or less. Pair it with fresh vegetables, chips or pita bread.
Hummus is always my go to healthy snack. Not only is it super easy to whip up but is a tasty dish that is packed with plant based protein. One thing that I love about hummus is that there are so many different types of hummus to choose from including traditional, roasted garlic, pine nut, roasted red pepper and bean hummus. I feel like I can never get tired of eating hummus with all of the variations and dipping options.
This hummus is made with chickpeas (garbanzo beans) and garlic. However, if you are not a fan of garlic you can take that out. I like to add olive oil and paprika and dried oregano to the hummus before adding my toppings. To make this hummus extra creamy I removed the skins of the hummus. You might be thinking, well Marissa there is no way I am removing each chickpea skin from each individual chickpea! I discovered a quick trick that will get the majority of the chickpeas skins off in minutes.
I used chickpeas from a can. So the first thing I did was rinse, and drain the chickpeas. I do this a couple times to ensure the chickpeas are completely cleaned. I then place a clean kitchen towel out on the counter and lay it out so that it is flat. Spread chickpeas evenly on the towel making sure they are not on top of one another. Using another towel place a towel on top of the chickpeas and gently rub your hand over the towel for about 30 seconds. Repeat this step one more time until all skins have been removed. Majority of the skins will be removed with this kitchen hack. For the additional chickpeas that have skins still on them just remove them using your hands or a fork.
Now to the extra fun part, adding the toppings to your hummus! There are endless amounts of toppings you can add to your hummus changing up the flavors. For this Loaded Hummus I topped it with olive oil, paprika, olives, tomatoes, artichokes, cucumbers, and red onions. I simply chopped up these delicious veggies and arranged the toppings randomly on my hummus. You want to make sure to chop up the veggies so that they are small enough to be scooped and eaten in one bite. Below are some additional hummus topping ideas.
Additional Hummus Toppings:
- Fresh Herbs
- Roasted Garlic
- Roasted Chickpeas
- Olive oil
- Sun dried tomatoes
- Pickled Veggies
- Vegan Cheese
If you make this recipe I would love it if you would snap a photo of your food and share it with me on instagram @itsallgoodvegan.com. I can’t wait to see how you like it!
This Loaded Hummus is the ultimate easy and stress free dish. This hummus is creamy, silky, and topped with tasty mediterranean flavors.
- 4 Tbsp tahini
- 1 can of chickpeas or garbanzo beans (15.5 ounces), skins removed
- ½ lemon, seeded and juiced
- 3 Tbsp filtered water
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- ¼ cup black olives, I used kalamata olives
- ¼ cup tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ cup cucumbers, chopped
- ¼ cup red onions, chopped finely
- 1/4 cup artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 2 tsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Drain and rinse the beans to get any excess can juice that might have been on the beans. For a creamer hummus remove the chickpeas skins.
- In a food processor or high powered blender combine the chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, filtered water, garlic powder, salt, and olive oil. Blend all ingredients together until creamy.
- Scrap hummus into a serving bowl.
- Mix all topping components in a small bowl. Sprinkle hummus with toppings and serve.
- Leftovers will last 3 wrapped up in the refrigerator.
- Are you gluten free? This hummus is gluten free. Just make sure to stick with gluten free crackers for dipping
- Love garlic? Add 2 cloves of roasted garlic to the food processor to make your hummus have a stronger garlic flavor.
- Leftovers will last 3-5 days wrapped up in the refrigerator.