Savory, tasty, and flavorful Turmeric Orzo Salad. Made with roasted vegetables and tossed in a lemon, ginger, turmeric dressing. Made with such simple ingredients. Eat this pasta salad warm or leftover cold.
This orzo salad is tossed in a lemonly, ginger, turmeric dressing. I decided to incorporate this turmeric dressing not only because of the wonderful taste but for turmeric’s powders benefits. According to WebMD turmeric is packed with nutrients and include anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that can help the human body. For this recipe I used one teaspoon of turmeric powder but depending on how strong you would like the flavor you can add more.
I absolutely love roasted veggies and decided to add them to this savory orzo salad. For this Turmeric Orzo Salad I roasted red onion, mushrooms, and broccoli. However, you can add any type of vegetables that you have in your fridge to this pasta salad. Some of my other favorites include tomatoes, kale, and spinach.
TIPS WHEN ROASTING YOUR VEGGIES
- When prepping your veggies you will want to make sure to chop your veggies so that they are small enough to be eaten in one bite.
- I don’t have a baking pan with raised edges so I like to line my pan with foil and raise the foil’s edges up slightly. I have found that the mushrooms produce liquid and without the foil that liquid usually ends up on the bottom of my oven.
- When picking an oil to drizzle on your roasted vegetable you will want to pick one that can be cooked at a high heat like avocado, grapeseed, and sunflower.
- I simply seasoned my roasted veggies with salt and pepper but feel free to add additional seasonings like garlic powder or ginger powder.
This Turmeric Orzo Salad is:
Quick & Easy
Perfect Dinner Recipe
If you make this Turmeric Orzo Salad I would love it if you would snap a photo of your food and share it with me on instagram @itsallgoodvegan.com. I can’t wait to see how you like it!
Turmeric Orzo Salad
Savory, tasty, and flavorful Turmeric Orzo Salad. Made with roasted vegetables and tossed in a lemon, ginger, turmeric dressing. Made with such simple ingredients.
- 2 cups of orzo, cooked according to the package directions
- ½ red onion, chopped finely
- 2 cups of fresh broccoli, chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 ½ cups of mushrooms, chopped
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp dried oregano (garnish)
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 3 Tbsp fresh ginger, peeled and chopped into small pieces
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ large lemon seeded and juiced
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit (204.4 C).
- Using a large baking pan arrange the broccoli, onion, and mushrooms evenly. Drizzle with avocado oil, salt and pepper. Bake for 30 minutes.
- In a high powered blender or food processor combine the turmeric dressing ingredients together. Pulse ingredients for 1-2 minutes or until it has become smooth. 4.Combine the orzo pasta and turmeric dressing in a large bowl and mix.
- Take the roasted veggies out of the oven and add them to the bowl of orzo pasta. Toss salad until all the veggies has been mixed in with the pasta.
- Divide pasta in bowls. Garnish with salt, pepper, herbs, and serve.
- Leftovers will last 3 wrapped up in the refrigerator.
Make it Your Own
- Are you gluten free? Substitute orzo pasta for gluten free orzo pasta. You can get gluten free pasta here.
- Garnish your pasta with dried or fresh herbs, sesame seeds, crushed red pepper, or additional powdered turmeric .
- Add any additional vegetables to this orzo salad. Some of my other favorites include cherry tomatoes, kale, and spinach.