No matter what the temperature is outside I am always up for ice cream. So in honor of Valentines Day this week I made these dreamy and creamy Strawberry Oatmeal Ice Cream Sandwiches. Delicious cookies wedged in between creamy vanilla ice cream. A perfect sweet treat that everyone in your family will love.
HOW TO MAKE THE MOST DELICIOUS STRAWBERRY OATMEAL COOKIES
- Make sure to soften your butter before adding it to the wet ingredients. You can do this by simply taking out your butter earlier in the day. Or you can place it in the microwave for a couple of seconds.
- Always mix the dry and wet ingredients separately before combining them into one bowl.
- The oat mixture will be sticky but not so sticky that you cannot roll them into balls. If you think your dough is too dry add a teaspoon of dairy-free milk to the oat mixture.
- I recommend rolling 2-3 Tbsp of the oat mixture into balls. However, this will all depend on how big you want your cookies. If you want larger cookies add another tablespoon.
- It is important to arrange the cookie dough evenly on the baking pan so they cook properly. I space my cookies about two inches apart.
- Bake your cookies at 350 degrees F (176.6 C) for 10-12 minutes. For softer and chewier cookies bake for 10 minutes and for crunchier cookies 12 minutes.
For the ice cream I used two 4 ounce containers of vanilla almond milk ice cream. To make your ice cream into ice cream discs I unwrapped the container of ice cream removing it from the package. To do this, I made a small cut at the top of the container and ripped the paper off exposing the ice cream.
With the ice cream on its side, use a knife to cut the ice cream into even round discs. I made my ice cream discs about ½ inches thick. However, you can make the ice cream disk thinner or thicker.
DO YOU HAVE TO USE STRAWBERRIES
I sprinkled crushed freeze dried strawberries to the sides of my ice cream sandwiches. Though, any type of toppings would taste delicious on the ice cream. Some of my favorite toppings include, sprinkles, sliced almonds, shredded coconut, or little candies.
After assembling your ice cream sandwiches make sure to let them harden in the freezer for at least 30-60 minutes. I know it will be so tempting to eat them right when you are done making them but I have found (from experience) that eating them when the ice cream is soft will be messy.
These Strawberry Oatmeal Ice Cream Sandwiches are:
When you make these Strawberry Oatmeal Ice Cream Sandwiches I would love for you to snap a photo and share it with me on instagram @itsallgoodvegan.com. I can’t wait to hear from you!
Strawberry Oatmeal Ice Cream Sandwiches
Chewy and crunchy Strawberry Oatmeal Ice Cream Sandwiches. Made with creamy vanilla ice cream and topped with strawberry dust.
Strawberry Oatmeal Cookies
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup melted butter, I used dairy-free butter
- ½ cup white cane sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 3 Tbsp syrup, I used agave syrup
- 4 Tbsp dairy-free milk
- ¾ cup freeze dried strawberries
Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 4 ounces of dairy-free vanilla ice cream, I used 2 containers. You can also use 1-pint of ice cream.
- ⅓ cup freeze dried strawberries, crushed up into small pieces.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (176.6 C). Line a large baking pan with parchment paper or spray with non stick spray and set aside.
- Using a large bowl mix the oats, flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, strawberries, and sugar together.
- In a separate bowl add the softened butter, syrup, milk and whisk.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients together and mix. The dough should be sticky yet easy to handle.
- Roll 2-3 Tbsp of the oat mixture into balls. Arrange the oat balls evenly on the baking pan.
- Using your hands gently flatten the oat cookies just a bit. You don’t want to flatten them too much or they might not stay together before baking.
- Bake cookies for 10 -12 minutes.
- Allow cookies to completely cool on a cooling rack before assembling the ice cream sandwiches.
- Unwrap your container of ice cream removing it from the package. To do this, make a small cut at the top of the container and rip the paper off.
- Turn the ice cream on its side. Using a knife cut the ice cream into even round discs. I made my ice cream discs about ½ inches thick.
- Place the discs of ice cream in between two cookies. Sprinkle the sides of the ice cream sandwich with crushed freeze dried strawberries.
- Wrap each ice cream sandwich up separately and place in the freezer to harden for 30-60 minutes before eating.
Make it Your Own
- For the oat cookies you can substitute the strawberries with any type of fruit. Or skip adding fruit all together.
- I used agave syrup for these oat cookies but any type of syrups will also work. Just keep in mind that the darker syrups like date or maple will slightly alter the color of your cookies.
- I used crushed freeze dried strawberries to sprinkle on the sides of the ice cream sandwich. Though, any type of topping will work. Some other toppings include sprinkles, crushed nuts, or shredded coconut.
0 comments on “Strawberry Oatmeal Ice Cream Sandwiches”