Soft, fluffy, and thick Chocolate Chip Pancakes. Made with only 10 ingredients these pancakes are super simple to whip up. Your weekend never looked more like breakfast heaven!
My favorite time to eat these pancakes are in the mornings or when we occasionally have breakfast for dinner. One of the reasons why I love making these is how quick and easy they are to whip up.
Whip these pancakes using only 10 ingredients! Made with all of your pantry staples, all-purpose flour, dairy-free milk, baking powder, baking soda, salt, maple syrup, vanilla, apple cider vinegar, chocolate chips, and butter. For the chocolate chips I used half a cup however you can modify the amount by adding more or less.
TIPS TO MAKE FLUFFY & SOFT PANCAKES
- Make sure to combine the milk and apple cider vinegar in a small bowl first. You will want to give it time to form the buttermilk mixture.
- Always mix your dry and wet ingredients separately before mixing them together. This will prevent the baking soda and powder from activating right away.
- When you do wisk the wet and dry together you don’t want to over mix the batter. Whisk for about 1 minutes or until most clumps are whipped out.
- I used chocolate chips for these pancakes. However, if you are not able to find vegan chocolate chips you can get a chocolate bar and break it into small pieces.
- When frying your pancakes I recommend adding ¼ tsp of butter to the pan. It will make the outside of your pancakes that beautiful golden brown color. If you do not have butter use a neutral oil so that the pancakes do not stick to the pan.
For these Chocolate Chip Pancake toppings I drizzled peanut butter, chocolate chips, and maple syrup. Some other great toppings that would taste wonderful with these include, bananas, berries, pecans, sliced almonds, and nut butters. The fun part of this is that you can get super creative!
Want to make sure you have leftovers? Double the recipe and wrap the pancakes up and place them in the refrigerator or freezer. When I am ready to eat the pancakes I just take them out and pop them in the microwave or toaster.
These Chocolate Chip Pancakes are:
When you make this recipe I would love it if you would snap a photo of your food and share it with me on instagram @itsallgoodvegan.com. I can’t wait to see how you like
Chocolate Chip Pancakes
Soft, fluffy, and thick Chocolate Chip Pancakes. Made with only 10 ingredients these pancakes are simple and easy to whip up.
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups dairy-free milk
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- ½ Tbsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup or agave
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp butter substitute for spray oil
- Make the vegan buttermilk mixture. Combine the dairy-free milk and apple cider vinegar together in a bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, chocolate chips and whisk. together until a thick batter is formed.
- Pour the buttermilk mixture, vanilla, and syrup in the large bowl. Whisk until a batter is formed.
- Heat a large pan on medium heat. Lightly butter it and scoop 1/ 4 of a cup of pancake batter on the pan.
- Cook pancake until you see bubbles break the surface then flip (around 2 minutes). Cook each pancake until golden brown.
- Top with nut butter,chopped chocolate, and syrup and serve immediately.
- Leftovers will last 3 days in the fridge and 2 weeks in the freezer.
- Add additional toppings to your pancakes. Some of my favorites include blueberries, raspberries, shredded coconut, and agave or maple syrup.
- Don’t like your pancakes too fluffy? Add milk to make your batter thin before pan frying them.
- Making these pancakes for more than 3 people? Double the recipe.