This overnight Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding is packed with nutrients and simple to make. Naturally sweetened with dates and packed with delicate chocolate flavors of cacao powder. It is the perfect healthy make ahead recipe.
I love making healthy recipes that I can whip up ahead of time. Not only is it convenient but keeps me from grabbing something that might not be as healthy for me. I love to eat this overnight Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding as breakfast, snack, or dessert. Not only does it taste wonderful but keeps you feeling full longer than most since it is packed with fiber.
For the chia seed pudding there are a couple of milk options that I recommend you use. I like to use either coconut, almond, or cashew milk from the carton. There is also coconut milk from the can that you can buy but it is not my favorite choice when making Chia Seed Pudding for its thick consistency. I left a couple of my favorite dairy-free milks I use most often (this is NOT sponsored).
- Califia Farms Unsweetened Oat Milk
- Califia Farms Go Coconuts Coconut Milk
- So Delicious Organic Almond Milk
To naturally sweeten this chia seed pudding I used dates. Before using the dates you will want to make sure that the pit inside the date has been removed. You also want to check to make sure your dates are not too dry. If you do notice that they are dry, don’t worry! You can simply rehydrate them by soaking them in warm water for 15-20 minutes adding more moisture to them.
For this Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding I topped it with freeze dried raspberries, chocolate, pecans, and peanut butter. Although I used these toppings you can simply just use anything that you already have in your pantry. Here are some of other my favorites that will pair well with this delicate chocolate pudding:
- Chopped almonds
- Any type of nut butter
- Whipped coconut cream
- Dairy-free yogurt
When you make this Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding I would love it if you would snap a photo and share it with me on instagram @itsallgoodvegan.com. I can’t wait to see how you like it!
This Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding is:
Quick & Easy
Packed with Nutrients
Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding
Naturally sweetened with dates and packed with delicate chocolate flavors of cacao powder. It is the perfect healthy make ahead recipe.
Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding
- 1 Tbsp + 2 tsp cacao powder
- 5 pitted dates, if your dates are dry soak them in warm water for 15-20 minutes
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 ½ cups of dairy-free milk, I used coconut milk from the carton.
- 4 Tbsp chia seeds
- 2 Tbsp freeze dried raspberries
- 2 chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp chopped pecans
- Combine the dairy-free milk, soaked dates, cacao powder, and cinnamon in a food processor. Pulse until the dates have been completely blended into small pieces.
- In a large container with a lid, combine the milk mixture with the chia seeds and mix. Cover the container and place it in the refrigerator for at least 6-8 hours to thicken.
- Take chia seed pudding out and mix chia seed pudding again to avoid clumping. If you notice your chia seed pudding is too thick, add additional milk.
- Divide the chia seed pudding into cups or pour into a bowl. Top with raspberries, chocolate, peanut butter, and pecans.
- Is your chia seed pudding too thick? Add more dairy-free milk to thin it out.
- If you prefer your chia seed pudding to be sweeter add agave, maple, or date syrup to your pudding.
- Leftovers last for 2-3 days covered in the refrigerator.