Making breakfast or brunch this weekend? If so, you must try these soft, cakey, and healthy Sweet Potato Pancakes . Made with only 10 ingredients these pancakes are super simple to whip up. Add everything to a blender and you just made your pancake batter.
Whip these pancakes using only 10 ingredients! Made with all of your pantry staples, all-purpose flour, dairy-free milk, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, maple syrup, sweet potato, chia seeds, and water.
TIPS TO MAKE CAKEY & SOFT PANCAKES
- Make sure to make your chia egg first before starting any of the other steps. Dont have chia seeds? Use ground flax seed instead.
- I cooked my sweet potato in the microwave. Just pierce your potato a couple times and cook it on high for 5-6 minutes. You can also bake your potatoes in the oven.
- I used all-purpose flour for these pancakes but if you have whole wheat flour that will also work really well.
- Don’t have a food processor to blend your batter? No worries, use a high powered blender instead.
- These pancakes are very soft and cakey. I recommend cooking your pancakes for a little longer on your stove top than your normal pancake.
- When frying your pancakes I recommend adding ¼ tsp of butter to the pan. It will make the outside of your pancakes that beautiful golden brown color. If you do not have butter use a neutral oil so that the pancakes do not stick to the pan.
For these healthy Sweet Potato Pancakes toppings I drizzled almond butter fresh blueberries, chopped almonds, and maple syrup. The fun part of this is that you can get super creative! Below are some of my other favorite go-to pancake toppings:
Want to make sure you have leftovers? Double the recipe and wrap the pancakes up and place them in the refrigerator or freezer. When I am ready to eat the pancakes I just take them out and pop them in the microwave or toaster.
These Sweet Potato Pancakes are:
When you make these pancakes I would love it if you would snap a photo of your food and share it with me on instagram @itsallgoodvegan.com. I can’t wait to see how you like.
Sweet Potato Pancakes
Soft, cakey, and healthy Sweet Potato Pancakes . Made with only 9 ingredients these pancakes are super simple to whip up. Add everything to a blender and you just made your pancake batter.
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour substitute for whole wheat flour
- 1 cup dairy-free milk
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup mashed sweet potato, without the potato skin, about 2 medium potatoes.
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp chia seed
- 3 Tbsp filtered water
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup or agave
- 2 Tbsp butter substitute for spray oil (this is to oil the pan not for the batter)
- Make your chia egg. Add the chia seed and water together and mix. Let chia seed thicken for 5-10 minutes before adding it to the batter.
- Combine the sweet potato in a high powered blender or food process and pulse until the potato turns into a paste.
- Add the rest of the pancakes ingredients in your high powered blender or food processor and blend until a smooth batter has formed.
- Heat a large pan on medium heat. Lightly butter it and scoop 1/ 4 of a cup of pancake batter on the pan.
- Cook the pancake until you see bubbles break the surface then flip (around 2-3 minutes). Cook each pancake until golden brown. You might need to cook your sweet potato pancakes for an additional minute.
- Top with nut butter, blueberries, and syrup and serve immediately.
- Leftovers will last 3 days in the fridge and 2 weeks in the freezer. Do not add your toppings before popping them into the freezer.
- Add additional toppings to your pancakes. Some of my favorites include strawberries, raspberries, shredded coconut, and agave or maple syrup.
- Don’t like your pancakes too fluffy? Add milk to make your batter thin before pan frying them.
- Making these pancakes for more than 3 people? Double the recipe.