Are you looking for a simple recipe that does not require much effort? If so, you must try this flavorful and saucy Thai Red Curry Noodles recipe. With only 10 ingredients you can have a delicious lunch or dinner whipped up in 15 minutes. Customize this recipe by adding your choice of stir-fry vegetables and plant protein.
You only need 10 ingredients to make this recipe.
A lot of the ingredients can be substituted and replaced with items that you already have in your pantry.
Ground Ginger– Fresh Ginger
Garlic- Garlic Powder
Cane Sugar- Maple or Agave Syrup
Green Onions- Fresh Cilantro
Cornstarch- Skip Adding it
The cornstarch thickens up the sauce, but if you do not have it, no worries. Your sauce will just not be as thick.
Stir-Fry Noodles – Rice Noodles
Any type of rice noodles like pad Thai noodles, Vermicelli, or wide rice noodles. If you are gluten-free make sure to check the box for wheat.
Soy Sauce – Tamari
If you are gluten-free make sure to check the back of the bottle to make sure it is certified gluten-free. Tamari also makes a great replacement instead of soy sauce.
After you have whisked your sauce to be thick and creamy you are then going to add your rice noodles. The noodles will soak up the sauce right up.
So if you like your noodles extra saucy I recommend not adding all of the 14 ounces of rice noodles but only 10 ounces. You can also thin out your sauce by not adding the cornstarch to your sauce.
One of the great things about this recipe is that you can get really creative with adding additional ingredients to your noodles. Below are some simple and easy ingredients that will not add tons of cooking time and really give this recipe some extra flavor.
Below is a list of tasty ingredients that will taste wonderful in your Thai Red Curry Noodles.
Yellow or White Onion
Sugar Snap Peas
The garnish toppings for these noodles are endless. Some of my favorite garnished that I like to add to this dish include:
Crushed Red Pepper
These Thai Red Curry Noodles are:
Sweet yet Spicy
Simple and Easy
When you make these Thai Red Curry Noodles I would love it if you would snap a photo of your food and share it with me on instagram @itsallgoodvegan.com. I can’t wait to see how you like it!
Thai Red Curry Noodles
With only 10 ingredients you can have a delicious lunch or dinner whipped up in 15 minutes. Customize this recipe by adding your choice of stir-fry vegetables and plant protein.
- 14 ounces of stir-fry rice noodles, gluten free
Thai Red Curry Sauce
- 4 Tbsp red curry paste
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp ground ginger, substitute with fresh ginger minced
- 2 Tbsp gluten-free soy sauce, substitute with tamari
- 1 can of full fat coconut milk
- ½ tsp rice vinegar, optional
- ½ small lime, juiced
- ½ tsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- Cook the rice noodles according to the back of the package and set aside.
- Heat a large pan on medium low heat. Add the minced garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Combine the red curry paste, ginger, soy sauce, coconut milk, rice vinegar, lime juice, and sugar. Whisk until the sauce is smooth and creamy.
- Increase the heat to medium heat. Stir in the cornstarch, cayenne pepper and whisk until the sauce has slightly thickened.
- Take the sauce off the heat and add your noodles, veggies, or plant protein. Toss until all ingredients are covered with sauce.
- Divide noodles into bowls and garnish with green onions, fresh cilantro or crushed peanuts.
- Leftovers can be kept in the refrigerator in an airtight container for 3 days.
- Do you love your dishes extra spicy? Add additional cayenne pepper to your sauce.
- As your noodles start to cool the sauce will slowly start to thicken up. If it gets too thick add additional veggie broth to thin the sauce.
- Add additional items to your noodles like tofu, tempeh, or stir-fried vegetables.