Get all the cozy vibes this Sunday with a big bowl of this one-pot Mushroom and White Bean Pasta. Made with leftover broken lasagna noodles, tender mushrooms, white beans, and mixed in a creamy dairy-free sauce. Whip this easy one-pot meal up in 30 minutes or less.
TIPS WHEN MAKING THIS PASTA
- This recipe does not take long to make. So I highly recommend that you have all the ingredients prepped and ready. That includes chopping up your onions, garlic, and mushrooms before cooking.
- It is super important to use unsweetened dairy-free milk. Using sweetened milk will make this pasta taste sweet instead of savory.
- As you are cooking your pasta it might seem like you are adding a lot of liquid. However, as you cook the sauce it will thicken very quickly.
- For the pasta I used leftover broken lasagna noodles that I had in my pantry. You can substitute the lasagna noodles for any type of noodles that you already have.
- After you are done cooking this dish immediately take it off the stove. Keeping it on the stove will cause it to burn.
- As the pasta cools it will get very thick. To thin your creamy pasta sauce add additional vegetable broth and stir.
I wanted to share some recipe ingredients that you can swap out in case you do not have the ones I listed in your pantry.
Lasagna Noodles – Any type of Pasta, if you are gluten-free use GF noodles.
All-Purpose Flour- Gluten-Free Flour
Unsweetened Soy Milk- Unsweetened Almond or Unsweetened Oat Milk.
White Mushrooms- Baby Bella Mushrooms
White Beans- Cannellini Beans, Northern Beans, or Chickpeas.
Italian Seasoning- Dried Oregano, Dried Thyme, or Dried Basil.
Nutritional Yeast- Dairy-Free Mozzarella Shreds
I love topping my pasta with garnishes. In this photo I topped this pasta with fresh parsley. Though, the toppings for this pasta are endless.
Here are some other garnishes to add to your pasta :
Crushed Red Pepper
This Mushroom and White Bean Pasta is:
Only Requires One-Pot
Can be made gluten-free
When you make this pasta I would love it if you would snap a photo of your food and share it with me on instagram or Pinterest @itsallgoodvegan. I can’t wait to see how you like it!
One-Pot Mushroom and White Bean Pasta
- 3 Tbsp neutral oil I used avocado oil
- 1 medium white or yellow onion chopped into small pieces
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 3 Tbsp all-purpose flour substitute with gluten-free flour
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 7 ounces (7-8) lasagna noodles substitute with gluten-free noodles
- 1 cup cooked white beans I used canned beans
- 2 cups unsweetened dairy-free milk I used soy milk
- 1 8 ounce package white mushrooms chopped or sliced
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder optional
- Heat a large pot on medium heat. Add the oil and onion and cook until soft and translucent, about 4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, 2 minutes.
- Add the flour and stir to combine. Pour in the vegetable broth and mix.
- Break the lasagna noodles into bite sized pieces and add it to the pot.
- Pour the milk, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, garlic powder, stirring frequently, and cook until the noodles are completely cooked, 7-8 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, beans, and nutritional yeast. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until the mushrooms are soft.
- Taste the pasta and add additional seasoning (salt, pepper, or italian seasoning) if needed.
- Take pasta off the heat. Divide into bowls and garnish with fresh parsley or crushed red pepper.
- Leftovers can be kept in the refrigerator in an airtight container for 3 days.
- Substitute Italian seasoning with 2 tsp of each dried thyme, dried oregano, dried rosemary, and dried basil.
- Don’t have lasagna noodles? Use anytype of pasta that you have in your pantry instead.
- Garnishes that I recommend for this pasta include, mozzarella cheese, fresh basil, or nutritional yeast.