10 ingredient Veggie Pasta Salad. Made with a pasta of your choice, veggies, chickpeas, and tossed in a Greek dressing. You can have this pasta salad made in 20 minutes or less. Customize this recipe by adding additional vegetables or use up the ones you already have in your refrigerator.
I personally love making a big batch of this pasta salad and keeping in the refrigerator to eat it for dinner or lunch. When I used to teach this meal would be one of my go-tos! If I do eat this pasta salad for dinner I usually pair it with grilled or fried tofu for some extra plant protein.
You only need 10 ingredients to make this recipe.
A lot of the ingredients can be substituted and replaced with items that you already have in your pantry.
Pasta- Gluten-Free Pasta
Orange Bell Pepper- Red or Yellow Bell Pepper
Cherry Tomatoes- Roma Tomatoes Chopped
Artichoke Hearts- Green or Black Olives
Greek Dressing – Vinaigrette or Italian Dressing
CAN YOU ADD ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS?
One of the great things about this recipe is that you can get really creative with adding additional vegetables to your pasta salad. I personally think it’s a great way to use any type of vegetable that I have in my refrigerator that is about to go bad.
Below are some great vegetables I would recommend.
Sun Dried Tomatoes
CAN YOU USE DIFFERENT DRESSING?
For this recipe I used Greek dressing. However, the dressing options for this pasta salad are endless. You can use Italian, oil and vinegar, or even make your own creamy dressing. I just recommend trying the dressing out before pouring it on your pasta salad.
CAN YOU SAVE THIS PASTA FOR LEFTOVERS?
This dish is great as leftovers. I just don’t recommend saving the sliced avocado, as it gets brown left out for a long period of time. After a day or so you will notice that the noodles will soaked up all of the dressing. Just simply add additional dressing to your pasta and toss right before serving.
This Veggie Pasta Salad is:
Simple and Easy
When you make these Veggie Pasta Salad I would love it if you would snap a photo of your food and share it with me on instagram @itsallgoodvegan.com. I can’t wait to see how you like it!
Veggie Pasta Salad
With only 10 ingredients you can have a delicious lunch or dinner whipped up in 15 minutes. Customize this recipe by adding your choice of stir-fry vegetables and plant protein.
- 8 ounces of small pasta, cooked according to the back of the package
- 1 ½ cups of cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- ½ cup artichoke hearts
- 1 medium orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) of chickpeas or garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup fresh basil, sliced thinly
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ cup greek dressing, add more if needed
- 1 large avocado, peeled and sliced
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped (optional)
- In a large bowl combine your diced vegetables, chickpeas, pepper, salt, garlic powder, dressing, and noodles. Toss until well combined.
- Divide your pasta salad into bowls and garnish with avocado and fresh basil. Taste pasta salad and add additional salt, pepper, or dressing.
- Don’t have Greek dressing? I recommend using a vinaigrette instead. Just make sure to taste it before adding it to your pasta salad.
- Do you love fresh veggies? Add additional vegetables to your pasta salad. Some other great veggies to add include, olives, cucumbers, and peppers.
- Leftovers can be kept in the refrigerator in an airtight container for 3 days. I don’t recommend saving the avocado, because it will get brown.