Light, refreshing, and nourishing Rainbow Salad. Packed with bright and colorful veggies, edamame, and tossed in a tangy dressing. Make this salad in 25 minutes or less and customize it by adding vegetables you already have in your refrigerator.
This dressing is light, flavorful, and simple to make. It only requires 8 ingredients and can be made ahead of time. I personally love making a double batch of this dressing and storing it in my refrigerator until I am ready to use it. I recommend storing the dressing in a jar with a tight fitted lid.
You only need 8 ingredients to make this Rainbow Salad.
A lot of the ingredients can be substituted or added with ingredients that you already have in your pantry.
Red Bell Pepper
Chopped Green Onions
CAN YOU ADD ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS?
One of the great things about this recipe is that you can get really creative with adding additional vegetables to your salad. I personally like to use vegetables that I have in my refrigerator that are about to go bad.
Below are some great vegetables I would recommend.
Orange, Yellow or Green Bell Peppers
Sun Dried Tomatoes
CAN YOU USE DIFFERENT DRESSING?Yes, you definitely can use your own dressing. I recommend using store bought dressing that you already have in your refrigerator. Some great salad dressing on this salad include balsamic, Italian, or oil and vinegar.
CAN YOU MAKE THIS SALAD AHEAD OF TIME?
You absolutely can make this salad ahead of time. You just don’t want to add the dressing to the salad until you are ready to eat it. Adding the dressing ahead of time will make the salad soggy.
I personally like to make a large batch of it and keep it in the refrigerator. To store the salad just make sure to keep it in an airtight container keeping as much air out of it as possible.
This Rainbow Salad is:
When you make these Rainbow Salad I would love it if you would snap a photo of your food and share it with me on instagram @itsallgoodvegan. I can’t wait to see how you like it!
Light, refreshing, and nourishing Rainbow Salad. Packed with bright and colorful veggies, edamame, and tossed in a tangy dressing.
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 3 cups of spinach, chopped thinly
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup shelled edamame
- 3 Tbsp pepitas
- 1 ½ Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp filtered water
- 1 lime wedge, squeezed
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp soy sauce, gluten-free
- ¼ tsp maple syrup
- ¼ tsp chili flakes
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- green onion, chopped (optional)
- In a medium bowl combine the tangy dressing ingredients together and whisk until well combined.
- In a large bowl combine the salad ingredients together and toss.
- Divide the salad into bowls and garnish with fresh cilantro and chopped green onions. Drizzle with the tangy salad dressing and eat.
- Don’t want to make your own dressing? Use premade dressing that you already have in your refrigerator.
- Get creative and add additional vegetables to your salad.
- Once you add the tangy dressing to the salad I recommend eating it within the hour. Otherwise the salad will get soggy.
This looks so light & refreshing! Just what I need after a weekend of bad eating. Thank you!!! 🌱