5 Ingredient Pistachio Cherry Date Bars. Who wants to try one? These no bake bars are delicate, delicious, and easy to make. Enjoy these bars as a snack, dessert, or just because. Make these ahead of time and pop them in the freezer until you are ready to enjoy them.
TIPS WHEN MAKING THESE BARS
- I know dried cherries can be hard to find at your grocery store. A great substitute for cherries would be dried cranberries.
- The first thing you will want to do is soak your dates in warm water. I have found dates tend to dry out and soaking them in water rehydrates them. I like to soak my dates for at least 20 minutes.
- I highly recommend lining your pan with parchment paper. They will make the removal of the bars very easy. By not lining the pan the bars can get stuck easily.
- When making the base of these bars I recommend using a food processor or high powered blender. Pulse the ingredients until they have become a dough like texture.
- It is really important to use a rubber spatula or your hands to pack the first layer of these bars. If this layer is not compacted the bars will easily crumble when you cut them.
- Did you know most chocolate has milk in it? To make this recipe vegan double check the packaging to make sure there isn’t any milk in it.
WHAT TYPE OF PAN TO USE
For these bars I used a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan. I like using this size pan for the thickness and size of the bars. You can use a larger pan like a square pan, I would just recommend doubling the recipe so your bars are not too thin.
You can get super creative and use toppings that you already have in your pantry.
Here are some other great ingredients I recommend using.
Have leftovers? If left out for long periods of time the chocolate will melt. So I have found the best way to store these is when I wrap them up individually or place them all in an airtight container. After wrapping them I then place them in the freezer until I am ready to eat them.
When you have them in the freezer for a long period of time you will notice the chocolate becomes really hard. Before eating them I would let them thaw on your counter for 5-7 minutes or until the chocolate layer slightly softens.
Pistachio Cherry Date Bars are:
Requires 5 Ingredients
Packed with Nuts
Simple to Make
When you make this Pistachio Cherry Date Bars I would love it if you would snap a photo and share it with me on instagram @itsallgoodvegan. I can’t wait to hear from you!
Pistachio Cherry Date Bars
These no bake bars are delicate, delicious, and easy to make. Enjoy these bars as a snack, dessert, or just because.
- 1 cup almonds flour – ground almonds
- 1 ½ cup dates, with the pits removed, soaked in warm water for 20 minutes, then drained
- ¼ cup dried cherries, chopped
- ⅓ cup pistachios, chopped
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate or vegan chocolate chips
- ¼ cup pistachios, substitute with any other nut
- Line a 9 inch by 5 inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a high powered blender or food processor combine the almond flour and dates. Pulse until the ingredients have turned into a dough like texture.
- Combine the chopped pistachios, cherries, and mix until a dough like texture is formed.
- Transfer the date mixture to the pan. Using your hands or a rubber spatula press down the mixture into an even packed layer.
- Melt your chocolate on the stove or microwave. To melt the chocolate in the microwave combine the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 30 second intervals stirring between each one until the chocolate has melted.
- Pour the chocolate on top of the date layer and spread it evenly. Sprinkle the pistachios on top. Pop the pan back into the freezer for 15 minutes or until the chocolate has slightly hardened.
- Take the pan out and cut them into bars. Place the bars back into the freezer for 20-25 minutes or until the chocolate layer has completely hardened.
- Immediately eat these bars or store them in the freezer until you are ready to enjoy them. The chocolate will slowly melt if left out for a long period of time.
Make it Your Own
- I use vegan chocolate or dark chocolate for the top layer. If you are not vegan you can use milk chocolate.
- Get creative and add any type of nuts to the top of these bars.
- Have leftovers? Wrap them up individually or place them in an airtight container and pop them in the freezer.
Pistachio Cherry Date Bars
It’s All Good Vegan Disclaimer
I am not a licensed nutritionist. I am simply sharing tasty vegan recipes. For nutrition advice, I recommend consulting a health professional.
IAGV will not be liable for any inaccurate or incomplete information.