This post is sponsored by Primal Kitchen. All opinions are my own.
I clearly talk about food 24/7 so it seems like it may be the most important thing in my life, but it’s actually not. That title belongs to my family. Without family life could never be as enjoyable and would certainly be much more difficult. So for this Mother’s day I want to whip up something special for my Mom to show her just how much I appreciate her. What better way to do that than a healthy, flavor-filled grilled veggie salad!
The options of grilled vegetables are endless! I love using vegetables that are in season or ones that I just have on hand. For this salad I used zucchini, yellow summer squash, asparagus, and red onion. However, if you do not have the ones I used below here is a list of veggies I recommend that you use instead.
YELLOW BELL PEPPER
GREEN BELL PEPPER
Just keep in mind that you might have to adjust the grilling time to 5-6 minutes per side instead of 3-4 depending on what type of vegetable that you are grilling. The grill time will also vary on how you cut your vegetables. The thinner you cut your vegetables the quicker they will cook.
To grill these vegetables I used my cast iron grill pan. I personally love using my grill pan on those rainy and cold days. However, if you do not have a grill pan you can also use a grill.
To make sure the vegetables did not stick to the grill pan I sprayed my pan with avocado oil. If you are grilling outside on a grill I recommend brushing or spraying a thin layer of oil to vegetables so it doesn’t stick to the grill. If you do not have oil you can also use melted butter.
For the Lemon Turmeric Dressing I used Primal Kitchen’s Lemon Turmeric Vinaigrette & Marinade. This vinaigrette and marinade is made with avocado oil, organic lemon juice, and turmeric making it a flavorful dressing that pairs perfectly with this salad. To get 10% off your next purchase with Primal Kitchen use the code ITSALLGOODVEGAN. With this affiliate code I will receive a small commission.
This Grilled Vegetable Salad with Lemon Turmeric Dressing is:
Simple and Easy
If you make this salad I would love it if you would snap a photo of your food and share it with me on instagram @itsallgoodvegan. I can’t wait to see how you like it!
Grilled Vegetable Salad with Lemon Turmeric Dressing
- 1 tsp neutral oil, I used avocado spray oil
- ½ bunch thin asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1 zucchini, cut into strips
- 1 yellow summer squash, cut into rounds
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Turmeric Vinaigrette & Marinade
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced thinly
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 5 fresh basil leaves, optional
- Preheat your grill pan to medium heat. Once warm, spay an even layer of oil on your grill pan.
- Add the veggies evenly to the grill and cook for 3-4 minutes, flip, and cook for 3-4 minutes or until the vegetables are slightly charred and soft.
- Remove the vegetables from the heat and arrange them on a large platter. Add the sliced tomatoes and avocado.
- Drizzle the tumeric lemon vinaigrette on the vegetables. Garnish with salt, pepper, and fresh basil.
Make it Your Own
- Get creative and use any type of vegetables that you have in your refrigerator. The cooking time just might differ depending on what vegetables you use.
- Need more seasoning? Taste your grilled vegetables and add additional salt and pepper.
- Are you oil free? Skip adding oil to your grill, just be careful when you flip the vegetables that they do not stick to your grill.
Thank you to Primal Kitchen for sponsoring this post! I love working with brands that I recommend and love. I appreciate your support!