These Chocolate Almond Butter Dates are so addicting. They only take 10 minutes to make and only require 4 ingredients. Make these ahead of time and store them in the refrigerator until you are ready to eat them.
Adding the dates to the chocolate and refrigerating them makes it taste like carmel and the almond butter creates a texture similar to a Reese’s cup. Trust me, the combination is amazing!
TIPS WHEN MAKING THESE CUPS
- You will need to use a standard muffin tin along with 6 paper cupcake liners.
- This recipe makes 6 Chocolate Covered Dates with Almond Butter. If you want to make more, just double the recipe to make enough to fill the cupcake tin.
- I used vegan chocolate plus coconut oil. If you are not vegan you can use milk chocolate instead.
- For the almond butter I used natural almond butter which just uses one ingredient, almonds. I like using it since it doesn’t have additional ingredients but also because of the runny texture.
- To harden the chocolate and to store the chocolate cups I placed them in the refrigerator. The cups will melt if left out for a long period if time.
Almond Butter – Your choice of nut butter
Vegan Chocolate – Milk chocolate or dark chocolate
Almonds- Your Choice of nuts, like peanuts
Flakey Sea Salt- Kosher Salt
Removing these Chocolate Covered Dates with Almond Butter out of the muffin tins is super easy. After the chocolate has hardened, take the chocolate cups out of the tins with the paper liners attached.
Then using your hands peel the paper from the chocolate exposing the beautiful chocolate. I HIGHLY recommend using the paper liners. By doing so, it will prevent the chocolate from sticking to the muffin cups.
When you make these Chocolate Covered Dates with Almond Butter I would love it if you would rate and write a review below. I can’t wait to see how you like them!
These Chocolate Covered Dates with Almond Butter are:
Simple to make
Layered with goodness
Satisfy’s your sweet tooth
Chocolate Covered Date Cups
- 2 cups chocolate
- 6 dates with the pit removed
- 3 tsp almond butter
- 6 almonds
- 1 tsp flakey sea salt optional
- 6 paper muffin cups
- Line your standard muffin tin with 6 paper cupcake liners.
- Combine your chocolate in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second intervals stirring in between each one until the chocolate has melted. You can add one teaspoon of coconut oil towards the end, but this is optional.
- Pour 1 tablespoon of the melted chocolate in 6 of the paper cups.
- Add 1 date (with the pit removed) in the middle of each cup. Next, add one almond in the middle of the date. Drizzle 1/2 teaspoon of almond butter on top of the date.
- Lastly, drizzle 1 tablespoon of chocolate on top of the date or until it's completely covered with chocolate. Sprinkle with flakey sea salt (optional).
- Pop the muffin tin in the refrigerator until the chocolate has completely hardened. Remove the chocolate cups from the liners and enjoy!
- I recommend storing these cups in the refrigerator. If left out for too long, they will melt.
- Substitute the almond butter for peanut butter and the almond for peanuts.
- I highly encourage you to use the paper cups when making these. Otherwise the chocolate will stick to the muffin tins.