Make everyday a party with these dark Chocolate Popcorn Party Cups. Layered with delicate dark chocolate, creamy peanut butter, and salty popcorn. These are the ultimate treat to make for yourself or to bring to a party.
If you love chocolate and peanut butter you will love these sweet treats. These Chocolate Popcorn Party Cups are simple and easy to whip up. Make these ahead of time and pop them in the refrigerator until you are ready to eat them.
TIPS WHEN MAKING THESE PARTY CUPS
- You will need to use a standard muffin tin along with 6 paper cupcake liners.
- This recipe makes 6 Chocolate Popcorn Party Cups. If you want to make more just double the recipe to make 12.
- I used dark chocolate plus coconut oil. If you are not vegan you can use milk chocolate instead of vegan or dark chocolate.
- To make the peanut butter layer I added powdered sugar to thicken it. To make the peanut butter even thicker add more sugar. Or you can skip adding the sugar altogether. Just keep in mind the peanut butter will be extra gooey if you don’t add the powdered sugar.
- To harden the chocolate I placed the muffin tin in the freezer for 15 minutes. However, if you cannot use a freezer you can also pop it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes instead.
- Instead of adding popcorn to the top of the you Party Cups you can substitute it with nuts, sprinkles, or dried fruit.
To make each chocolate and peanut butter layer flat I gently tapped the bottom of the muffin tin on the counter a couple of times. This made the chocolate and peanut butter form into an even flat layer without using a spoon or a butter knife to evenly spread it.
Removing these Chocolate Popcorn Party Cups out of the muffin tins is super easy. After the chocolate has hardened, take the chocolate cups out of the tins with the paper liners attached.
Then using your hands peel the paper from the chocolate exposing the beautiful chocolate and peanut butter layers. I HIGHLY recommend using the paper liners. By doing so it will make it super easy to remove and the chocolate and peanut butter cups.
When you make these Chocolate Popcorn Party Cups I would love it if you would snap a photo and share it with me on instagram @itsallgoodvegan.com. I can’t wait to see how you like them!
These Chocolate Popcorn Party Cups are:
Fun to make
Satisfy’s your sweet tooth
Easy to assemble
Chocolate Popcorn Party Cups
Make everyday a party with these dark Chocolate Popcorn Party Cups. Layered with delicate dark chocolate, creamy peanut butter, and salty popcorn.
Chocolate Popcorn Party Cups
- 6 paper muffin cups
- 2 cups vegan chocolate chips or pieces
- ½ cup peanut butter, substitute with any type of nut butter
- ¼ cup of powdered sugar , sifted
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 cup popcorn
- Line your standard muffin tin with 6 paper cupcake liners.
- Combine the chocolate and coconut oil in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 30 second intervals stirring between each one until the chocolate has melted.
- Pour 1 tablespoon of the melted chocolate in 6 of the paper cups. Place the muffin pan in the freezer to harden for 15 minutes or the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- In a medium bowl combine the peanut butter and powdered sugar and mix.
- Take the muffin tin out of the freezer. Add 1 tablespoon of the gooey peanut butter mixture on top of the hardened chocolate. Gently tap the bottom of the muffin tin on the counter making the peanut butter form into an even flat layer.
- Reheat chocolate, if needed. Using the rest of the melted chocolate dollop an additional 1 tablespoon on top of the peanut butter.
- Divide popcorn evenly and sprinkle on top of the chocolate layer.
- Using a spoon drizzle the rest of the chocolate on top of the popcorn and sprinkle with sea salt. Pop muffin tins back in the freezer for 15 minutes to harden.
- Remove Chocolate Popcorn Party Cups from the liners and enjoy!
Make it Your Own
- If you are not vegan substitute chocolate for milk chocolate.
- Substitute the peanut butter with almond butter, sunflower butter or cashew butter.
- Double the recipe to make 12 Chocolate Popcorn Party Cups.
These look amazing! What flavor of popcorn did you use? Just plain since you put sea salt on top of the drizzled chocolate or did you use salted popcorn too?
Hi Ashley, thank you. I used a lightly salted popcorn then added additional salt on top.